Author Topic: Baskets for bikes  (Read 1721 times)

Offline sunlover

Baskets for bikes
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:10:00 AM »
Is there anyone out in Calis at the moment who would be prepared to pop to one of the bike shops to ask the cost of a basket and fitting for me.. and a cost without fitting. i would think the little old bike shop in Gunlukbashi would be the cheapest but i dont expect people to go there unless you are in the area...

we have the chance of hiring some bikes from our apartment when we come out soon but they have no baskets on them, so we have thought that we may get a couple fitted on them, as the cost of hire is reasonable compared to the hire cost we have seen before in Calis.

thanks to all for the help.

Offline johnboy1967

Baskets for bikes
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 09:14:31 AM »
the bike shop near Migros  supplied and fitted us a front basket for 15tl :)

Offline sunlover

Baskets for bikes
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »
Thanks Johnboy, thats very reasonable :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Baskets for bikes
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by sunlover

Is there anyone out in Calis at the moment who would be prepared to pop to one of the bike shops to ask the cost of a basket and fitting for me.. and a cost without fitting. i would think the little old bike shop in Gunlukbashi would be the cheapest but i dont expect people to go there unless you are in the area...

we have the chance of hiring some bikes from our apartment when we come out soon but they have no baskets on them, so we have thought that we may get a couple fitted on them, as the cost of hire is reasonable compared to the hire cost we have seen before in Calis.

thanks to all for the help.

I got one fitted at the little shop in Gunlukbasi last year. When I asked how much it was he said "10 million" when I asked how much it was fitted he repeated "10 million". I waited whilst a young kid did  it. I gave the boss a 10 tl then a 5 tl and pointed to the kid. He put the 10 in the drawer and gave the 5 to the kid who then got his oilcan and oiled every moving bit on my bike :D:D

Offline tony jenkins

Baskets for bikes
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 15:23:29 PM »
Nice to hear you came away 'well oiled'  ;)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Baskets for bikes
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 15:35:24 PM »
Mrs Ticket's basket (metal mesh type) was 10 TL plus 5TL to fit.  This was at a bicycle and mobellete repair shop in Fethiye, on the Antalya road out of town on the left.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 15:42:19 PM by usedbustickets »

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Baskets for bikes
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 15:54:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay
I got one fitted at the little shop in Gunlukbasi last year. When I asked how much it was he said "10 million" when I asked how much it was fitted he repeated "10 million". I waited whilst a young kid did  it. I gave the boss a 10 tl then a 5 tl and pointed to the kid. He put the 10 in the drawer and gave the 5 to the kid who then got his oilcan and oiled every moving bit on my bike :D:D

Ken I really loved your tale of the lad with the oilcan:D.  I think most of us have come across this sort of thing before, and it is the sort of charming behaviours of the Turkish people that endears us towards them. :)
[/quote]

Offline kizkucuk

Baskets for bikes
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 21:49:53 PM »
There are 2 bike shops in calis both charge 15tl

Offline sunlover

Baskets for bikes
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 08:27:21 AM »
Thanks all for your help again this forum is great for responses and help..

i think we will buy 2 out there and get them fitted, will be cheaper than hiring them elsewhere...

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Baskets for bikes
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 14:30:44 PM »
We had ours fitted from the bike shop at the 2nd roundabout shop in Calis.  Ali has the shop there and it was around 10 - 15 lira

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf