Author Topic: Cheapest way to buy?  (Read 6120 times)

Offline Lotty

Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 15:50:17 PM »
where is the million shop?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 16:10:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by crobur

where is the million shop?

It's on the corner opposite the entrance to Tuesday market (the one with the big digital display board) but these days you'd be far better to go to I-Yim, or Woolworths as it often referred to. That's about half way between Eren Spot & the footbridge on the same side as Eren Spot. Look for a white pitched frontage. They have all the glasses, crockery, cutlery & kitchenware at a fraction of the cost of the million shop. What they don't have you can usually get across the road at the Istanbul shop

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 16:27:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cavfan

Some helpful member and I cant remember who provided a list of essentials and i used that as a guide.

That was Perry, we haven't heard from him on here for years - I found the topic but the list is gone (probably changed hosting where it was).

I did offer to make a spreadsheet a few years back - furnishing members could send me details of all the items they bought and I would publish who charged the most and the least for each. That would have also shown who the rip off merchants are. After two months I think one person actually took the time to send me info and I decided I couldn't be bothered to do it.

Offline quackers

Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 18:10:00 PM »
Erenspot every time. Service is excellant quality MFI'ish but good. We furnished our apartment in 1 day and then went to the Million shop for cutlery ,storage jars ect. We bought our TV and DVD and Stereo from Erenspot they have never broken down.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 18:12:41 PM »
MFIish yes but at least made - one thing I miss is the 5 years without flat packed furniture :-\

Offline patrice

Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 19:00:30 PM »
We also used Eren spot when we bought,friendly and good delivery service

Offline WendyA

Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 22:32:49 PM »
Thank you very much everybody - very helpful.  Does Erin Spot take debit and/ or credit cards?  Do we need wads of cash to get the best prices?  I heard sterling was better, but when we converted a price for a tv from this website it worked out quite a lot cheaper in lira.
Do we settle on a price and not worry about how it is paid or is that not popular?
Thanks again...

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 23:48:01 PM »
Hi Wendy

Eren Spot supplied our dish washer and washing machine

and followed us back to install it all sorted in an hour

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
Cash is king and gets a better deal. Always ask for a discount on anything you purchase.  Once in Turkey you forget about credit cards they are not popular and I think we only used a card once in 7 years, which was for two sofas we bought in that really nice furniture shop in the one way street.   If it's a British card there is only Santander that don't charge you for using it abroad.  We did try again to use our cards in a business in Fethiye and were told there was an 8% charge to do so.

Offline WendyA

Cheapest way to buy?
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:02 AM »
Thanks, Jacqui, that's what I wanted to know.  The Post Office does have a credit card, with no foreign charges, but don't want to pay extra for the goods, so needed to know that!  As I have a short time to do as much as possible, I want to be well planned.  Everyone's advice is invaluable.
Thanks again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf