Author Topic: Cockroaches  (Read 5874 times)

Offline peecee

Cockroaches
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 06:35:04 AM »
Problem with cockroaches is they only come out at night and when it's dark.  So you don't know if they're there until they turn up legs up

Offline Sus

Cockroaches
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 08:52:59 AM »
Taken from another forum and the user who asked for help regarding cockroaches and bugs said it was brilliant.

Find a Bayer supplier or check with Yapi Market and  get "K-Othrine SC 50" - less than 10tl and also buy a spray bottle to use exclusively with this - again around 10tl.

Dries on surfaces that you spray and stays effective for 3 months.
Also very good (not for them, but for you) for cockroaches and the like.

Behind furniture, under beds, in cupboards etc..
It does not stain, (so I was told) so painted surfaces are not marked and it dries into the paint.
Anywhere they might come into the house - door stops, drains.
Outside you can spray it on patio areas - again, where it is not going to wash away, but if you leave it a few days without washing most of them will have fed on it and be gone anyway

Offline julesbob0303

Cockroaches
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 16:13:00 PM »
Oh thank you Sus, that sounds great.  Will write that down and add it to my "How to kill cockroaches" list!  The little blighters are going to have it full barrel if they're there in October!  :D

Offline Linny

Cockroaches
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 18:47:57 PM »
I'm reading this thead whilst eating my dinner - its putting me off my fish & chips!!
Horrible little blighters tho. We had a problem this year in our appartment, but it was whist it was being rented out to a Turkish chap (who struggled to pay me my whole rent anyway) - so didn't have to meet them in person thankfully. It does make you feel like your house isn't clean though, which is horrible. Going out on Friday and hubby's been out there a week already so I shouldn't be greeted at the door by anything worse than an efessed man!! :-)

Offline julesbob0303

Cockroaches
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 23:35:16 PM »
Sorry for spoiling your tea Linny!  :(

I bleached and disinfected every work top/polished surface; brushed down sofas; stripped beds etc.  They are disgusting creatures that probably carry a lot of germs.  It was hubby's job to mop all the floors.   ;)  

Offline Linny

Cockroaches
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 07:57:16 AM »
Hubby's taken some Toss Blocks which are biological urinal blocks, out with him that he 'got' from work. He's put them in the bathroom drains out there, 'cause ours always smell even whilst the bathrooms are back in use. We're hoping that they will keep any 'roaches at bay. Will let you know if they work. Just looked them up on tinternet, and they are ecological so hopefully means they're safe for cess pits and they're about £17 for 50 blocks. Don't know how long each one lasts either, but again will keep you posted in case its an alternative. It'll be nice not to have stinky bathroom drains though if nothing else.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Cockroaches
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 21:08:06 PM »
we use to use the fella farmer uses,he did a good job but it had been raining and he left the place all muddy so don't bother with him now
so if you use him make sure he takes his boots off :(

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cockroaches
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 22:45:14 PM »
I'd much rather clean some muddy footprints than an infestation of cockroaches.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf