Author Topic: Kizilada (Red Island)  (Read 4672 times)

Offline Dynamo

Kizilada (Red Island)
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:35:55 AM »
My husband and I went to the Kizilada (Red Island) last night and it was a total disappointment.It was our wedding anniversary and planned to be there for the sunset. This didn't happen due to very late pick up and being told a lie that we would go straight to the Island from our pick up point of the Sat.   Instead we did a detour to pick up from Fethiye   The service in the restaurant was grudging and the attitude of the waiters was not welcoming.  The white wine was warm when it arrived to the table and even with more ice, it failed to cool down. The choice of menu  was extremely limited, the prawns and sea bass were okay but the rest of the meal was very uninspiring.   The location is absolutely stunning but our expectations were that this would be a top notch restaurant with good food and an "experience".  We expected it to be expensive and it was but for second rate food.   We will most definitely not return to Kizilada.  Our experience of eating here in Fethiye and Calis has been excellent and we love the local Turkish food and the wide variety of restaurants to chose from.  We have never had cause to complain about any restaurant here but the Kizilada was a total rip off.  My apologies if I have not given my review in the correct place but this is the first as I feel so strongly about it.  The Kizilada could be so much better with some effort.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »
That is really dissapointing for you and I hope it's a 'blip'

We are planning to take relatives over in 2 weeks time for a special meal, might think again unless we hear that things have improved.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 13:46:16 PM »
A second opinion would be useful George, I too hope this isn't another great place that couldn't stay that way - if you can let us know how you find it in a couple of weeks time?

Offline spireman

Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 18:25:53 PM »
I was disapointed to hear of your experience, as my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful time there two weeks ago. We could not fault anything (apart from the wasps!). The boat was on time, the staff were welcoming, attentive (but not intrusive) and we had an excellent meal. I would heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.

Hopefully your experience will be prove to be a one off.

PS Thanks to Cathy at the Cafe Pazar for organising the booking for me.

Offline Dynamo

Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »
I really hope our experience was a "one off" bad night.  There had been a big wedding the day before but our mediocre meal cost us 200 TL for two and this consisted of a bottle of warm Angora at 45 TL which was the house wine, one portion whitebait, one portion red peppers and one portion yoghurt dish for starter followed by my meal of 4 large prawns with cold roasted potato and rice and my husband's seabass with same cold veg plus one small bowl of mixed lettice.  There was no menu to choose from as we had to go to the counter to choose and nothing was priced.  Finally the bill came with a total of 200 TL and no breakdown.  As a comparison, we ate in the Yacht Boutique roof top restaurant last week in Fethiye and would recommend there in preference for a special night out any time. Expensive but worth every lire.  100% service, food, ambience, fabulous views.  Also we ate at the Mozaic Bahce last night - fantastic in every respect.  We were told that the Kizilada had been taken over by  Russians 5 weeks ago!
quote:
Originally posted by spireman

I was disapointed to hear of your experience, as my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful time there two weeks ago. We could not fault anything (apart from the wasps!). The boat was on time, the staff were welcoming, attentive (but not intrusive) and we had an excellent meal. I would heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.

Hopefully your experience will be prove to be a one off.

PS Thanks to Cathy at the Cafe Pazar for organising the booking for me.

Offline philrose

Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
Strangely enough we were going over to Red Island yesterday, but after seeing your reveiw we decided to cancel rather than take the chance. Our alternative choice was the rooftop restaurant at the Yacht Boutique and we had a brilliant night. First class service, great view and excelent food, well recomended!

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
The change of ownership is a bit worrying, the previuos owner used to run the White Dolphin in Olu Deniz which was fanatastic quality and this quality was reflected in Kizilada. An interesting one to watch I think.

Offline Dynamo

Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 14:15:29 PM »
A guy called Leeon who organised the speeedboat and works for Kizilada told us that the owners were going to build 18 bungalows on the island and it was a lady on the boat who is a resident in Calas told us that it had been taken over by Russians.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 14:52:34 PM »
Has anyone been over this year ? We have family here who want a 'special' night out but I don't want to suggest Kizilada if things have not improved

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Kizilada (Red Island)
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 22:44:25 PM »
Have just read that the Island has been closed and the Chef and Staff are working in Olu at Sun Beach

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf