Author Topic: Burglary.  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Angelic

Burglary.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 06:32:14 AM »
So sorry to hear this news,it does seem to be the time of year as a villa near us was done on Monday  evening. Same sort of thing the people had just gone into Calis for a meal returned two hours later to find villa ransacked, they also had passports taken along with money & jewelery.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 06:42:10 AM »
Where do you live Angelic?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Burglary.
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:38 AM »
I am so sorry this has happened and I hope the culprits are soon caught.  It seems the police are being really professional with this break-in.
One of our neighbours had a break-in last year and the usual things were taken T.V. D.V.D etc., but also the contents of the fridge.
We brought over a really easy fix alarm from B.&.Q.(about £20.00) and also an outside wall mounted box with flashing red light. We also have a floor safe in which we keep passports and valuables.
Even with these things installed we cannot guarantee that the place will not be burgled, but most Burglers are opportunitist, so they look for the easy entry.n If they see a complication they will often move to the next place.

Offline sunnyd

Burglary.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 10:51:48 AM »
It is so sad when things like this happen, I hate the thought of anyone being burgled. Not only is there the stress of the burglary itself, but then everything else that comes after it.
The police did a very good job on the night of the burglary, and then on Monday too regoing over the statement and the inventory of stolen items.
Barrie and Shirley are such a lovely couple. I too hope that this doesn't stop them staying here in Turkey.

Tinx I was glad that I could help Barrie and Shirley, shame that I met them under those circumstances though.

Offline Angelic

Burglary.
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 19:17:21 PM »
Andy we live on Akarca just up from the Calis market corner shop. The villa that was robbed is at the end of our avenue.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 20:57:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

but most Burglers are opportunitist, so they look for the easy entry.n If they see a complication they will often move to the next place.

Sadly not in Barrie and Shirley's case:(

Offline Baznshir

Burglary.
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 21:31:14 PM »
Sorry to not have read and replied to your posts before but tonight we were invited to have a meal with with Chrissie and Peter and they kindly ley me use their computer to view your comments and reply to them. Thank you all for your good wishes and now that we are one week on, things do look a little different and we now now have the winter to mull over what we intend to do. One thing that we have found is, some people who we thought of as aquaitenses have turned out to be good friends and others, who we thought of as good friends, are no more than a good night out and us to them, no more than a bit of an ambarrssement at this time. Calis is still our number one place and we have still got time to go back to thinking that. Thanks everybody, there are still lots of great people here and I honestly don't think that we would have got the same response back in the U.K

Offline Baznshir

Burglary.
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 08:37:04 AM »
We are back home now and able to look back at what happened to us and whilst it doesn't help the situation, we can get a better idea of what we intend to do in the future. Now, we have to start chasing up the banks etc so that we can get body and soul back on track. Thanks to all those who were there for us, they know who they are and how grateful we are to them and thanks for all your concern. Barrie and Shirley.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »
take care both of you, see you next year!

Offline Ray1951

Burglary.
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 13:14:58 PM »
This is horrendous.  I live alone and was shaken when I heard that someone had been the target of bag snatchers but this incident is absolutely awful.  I too hope that the culprits get their just deserts but no doubt they will be on the look-out for their next victims. These low life harm their victim but also the local community. My best wishes to you and a prayer that these bstrds are caught. Unfortunately no compensation is available for mental anquish.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf