Author Topic: Burglary.  (Read 6641 times)

Offline dycedon

Burglary.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 15:40:11 PM »
Baznshir, if i may ask, were all your valuables in a safe, we always keep everything in the safe but if they wanted to get into it i suppose they probably would, sorry to hear about your plight.
Jim S

Offline scooby doo

Burglary.
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 17:10:47 PM »
Im sorry for what happened, but i dont think there is a :Time of year: anymore, it seems to be happening all year round. In the winter its because they have no work, or the builders :-\ In the summer its the workers from the East [?] You get to the stage that your scared to go out :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Burglary.
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 23:18:10 PM »
Our nightly routine before we leave our place in Calis. Lock all metal gates on windows, put all valuables in the safe.  Put on Burglar alarm and all outside lights for the villa.

Offline BM06

Burglary.
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 23:31:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Our nightly routine before we leave our place in Calis. Lock all metal gates on windows, put all valuables in the safe.  Put on Burglar alarm and all outside lights for the villa.

OMG :o Is it really that bad in calis[?] does not sound much like paradise to me :o:-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 23:42:26 PM »
Yes I agree, up in Hisaronu you can still leave your front door open all day and night!

Offline BM06

Burglary.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 00:01:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Yes I agree, up in Hisaronu you can still leave your front door open all day and night!

Are we approaching page 5 Keith[?]:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 00:03:59 AM »
I'm no expert Steve but I believe Page 3 is often considered by those in the know to be "approaching page 5" yes...

;)

Offline scorcher

Burglary.
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 13:56:51 PM »
Not so sure that it is sensible to tell all and sundry that all your valuables are tucked away in the safe. Those interested will just find the safe and bring the appropriate kit instead of wasting time on turning other stuff over.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Burglary.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 14:05:21 PM »
I would rather "all in sundry" know we have an alarm, security gates and a safe than no security measures.  We have the same valuables as everyone else who comes on holiday. Camera, Passport, Money.  I suspect that even the dopey thieves will know this is what they will find in every tourist property.  So why come prepared with safe breaking kit to our place when there are so many places with no security grills, no burglar alarms and valuables just left lying about the property?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Burglary.
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 15:49:22 PM »
I have to agree Jacqui, we fitted an alarm after we got burgled and use it all the time. It gives us piece of mind as we were broken into while we were asleep. My theory is why break into a place that is alarmed when they can break into a neighbours that isnt.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf