Author Topic: Fur Coats  (Read 6318 times)

Offline Julesp

Fur Coats
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2011, 22:14:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

So the upshot of all this caring about animals is that this topic caused the Red Cross in the UK will get the proceeds and good causes in Turkey missed out on money that could do so much. Great work "animal lovers"!

Best of luck Mark (and Jackie & Oscar) - I remember how exciting and scary this final period in the UK before setting off is.

So you dont think the Red Cross is worthy of support too? Because I have great respect for that charity

How much money do you think CCCs, Animal aid or FiG would have made? I for one know that we couldnt have sold for much here

Offline Julesp

Fur Coats
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2011, 22:17:56 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Julie is not being "got at" in my opinion Anne. There is a discussion going on and she is arguing her case like everyone else who chose to make their opinions known. Discussion forum you see  ;)

I am more than able to state my case. Yes I love Kids and animals and anybody in need and I will always defend them

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Fur Coats
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2011, 22:43:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Just looked up on Google what happens.. Apparently this is the festival of sacrifice, so a goat or sheep is bought and the family gather around whilst the animal has it's throat slit and the blood is drained into a hole in the ground. Sounds horrible.  If this not cruelty I don't know what is.

Its not cruel at all, They are killed much more humanely than in an abbotoir in the UK, Usually the family will stand around calming and speaking to the animal, the kids will stroke it, then they slit its neck very quickly and hold it for the few seconds it takes to die
Much more humane than the turkeys in the Uk are Killed for everyones Xmas dinner

I don't think any animal over in this country would be killed by having it's throat cut without being stunned first.  We have a Turkey Farm near us.  I know the owner and I know people who have worked there at Christmas, when they prepare the Turkeys and Geeese.They are put on a machine and stunned first before they are killed.
I cannot see that having your throat cut while you are still awake and aware of your surroundings is going to be kind and more humane than being stunned first. :(   In fact, how could any of us know what terror an animal will go through by having it's throat cut and I certainly would not want my children or grandchildren stroking the animal whilst it was being killed :o

Offline peecee

Fur Coats
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
Have to agree with Jacqui to some degree.  Considering the animals in Turkey are hung upside down before their throats are cut I'm can't see how they can feel calm about it.
But I habe seen programmees on the box inn UK where all the animals slaughtered are not treated humanely (chicken farms for one).  Not long ago there was a clip showing someone using a chicken as a football (it was still alive)  Admittedly the person was sacked when the owner was shown the clip but cruelty does happen in every country.

Offline busybee

Fur Coats
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2011, 14:06:34 PM »
If you have ever seen the secret filming of the inside of an abbatoir in the UK you would be absolutely horrified.  There is nothing humane about.  The transportation of just getting them there was bad enough.  Sorry, way off the original topic now, so isnt it time to close this.............

Offline Julesp

Fur Coats
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2011, 23:33:03 PM »
First Peecee I have never seen an animal in turkey being held upside down before slaughtering for Bayram, Just the family standing around and stroking it before they cut its neck, yes they hang it after its dead to skin it

Jacqui

I lived next door to a Bacon Factory for years, the poor pigs were bought in on a Monday night to be slaughtered on the Tuesday, they squealed all night, as it was one of the main employers in the area at the time I knew many people who worked there and No they are not humanely killed, they are hung by a leg first, go round a conveyor where they should be stunned but they arent because in their panic they throw their heads about, then they are killed

I wont put you off pork pies etc but the bits that are swept off the floor go to make the cheap sausages and the like, anyone who worked there wouldnt eat them ever again

I am definately not a vegetarian, Since living here I have eaten Sheeps head, testicles and intestines, I wear Leather shoes and leather jackets

I had no problem with ribeye selling his mums old fur coats, years ago they were a sign of wealth

My point, and what I do object to, is making fur fashionable to wear again, when people make faux fur fashion wear, somebody will follow with the same designs and styles etc in real fur and the Real Fur Trade at the moment is Horrendous

I agree with Busybee This topic should be locked

Im glad somebody will feel the benefits of ribeyes mums coats, I understand completely how people used to be proud of owning them ,I just hoped that people would have moved on now

Offline Julesp

Fur Coats
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2011, 00:12:17 AM »
My last word Watch these if you can without being upset

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZjVOiWwDwk

http://action.peta.org.uk/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=5&ea.campaign.id=1819

Because it upsets me so much

Now who will wear fur , Uggs, Trim, anything to do with fashion

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 00:34:46 AM by Julesp »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf