Author Topic: Mobile Phone  (Read 3019 times)

Offline duffy

Mobile Phone
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 15:09:57 PM »
Don't know if this was mentioned, but if your phone is unlocked then you can use any sim card regardless of country. Of course it must be  a Bi or Tri-band phone, that means it can be used outside UK.

If you don't get it done over there, when you get over, go into one of the phone shops along Carsi Cadessi, (or any other street in Fethiye come to that!) and they will get it unlocked in a trice! Dogus Electronics are pretty good.

Duffy

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Mobile Phone
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 15:15:29 PM »
We did what Duffy has said, if I remember rightly it cost about £14 to unlock, get a new sim card and about 100 units as well. All took about 5 minutes.

Offline duffy

Mobile Phone
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 15:20:02 PM »
Oh yes, forgot to mention. Best get a Turkish sim card, My preference is Turkcell, only because I think they have the best coverage. Be sure to have your passport with you if you want to sign up for any cell phone company in Turkey and there are plenty of good deals. Pay As You Go I think is best, I have an office on Carsi Cadessi, if you want to any help, mail me before you come over and we can arrange to meet, I can walk you round to the shops.
Duffy

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Mobile Phone
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 17:09:47 PM »
Lorna
Do you not have an old phone lying around somewhere.  That's what we did, got it unlocked over there and put on Turkcell network.  Left it with a friend with some money to top it up approx 3 months after we left so as not to lose our number.
Anne

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Mobile Phone
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 17:54:33 PM »
Hi Lorna,as Anne said get something like a nokia 3310, get it unlocked, get a Turkcell simcard, don't know what they sell for now, mine cost about £7 and in that was about £4 of calls, then leave some money with someone to top it up, it has to be topped up every 3mths, it's about £4-50 for 100 units & £9-00 for 250 units do that & you have 500 units to chat to your hearts content, plus if you get a call from england it don't take £1-50 a minute off your phone as well, it will if you have an English sim card. Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf