Author Topic: Hello everyone And I Hope You Can Help Me  (Read 3308 times)

Offline titch

Hello everyone And I Hope You Can Help Me
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 22:32:33 PM »
Ahhhhh. I see. Not as easy as I thought.

Could you please let me have the names of persons who may be able to assist me or point me in the right direction? I am obviously going to need some guidance with this!!

I do have a bank account and my tapu.  Not sure about the tax number though unless it came with the tapu.

How much money will I need to have in my account for a 5 year residency?

Anything else?

Many thanks.
Titch

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 07:35:43 AM »
You would have had to have a tax no to open a bank account, so your bank will have a record of the number if you don't.

When you say you're in Mugla, do you mean the town or the region? The reason I ask is that most of the residency "fixers" are in Fethiye & deal with the authorities here, so you should really find someone local to Mugla town if that is where you are

Offline titch

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »
I live in the region of Mugla, not the town itself.  Fethiye is about an hour's bus ride away from my home. Not impossible I guess. Do you recommend these "fixers" because of the language problem? Or do they get thigns done quicker because they know the way or know the people they deal with?

Sorry, this is all news to me.  The people on this forum are pioneers!! Fantastic.

Thank you
Titch

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchie

A residency permit can be done within one day if necessary.
Just be veeeery nice to the policemen  ;)

Wot can you mean? :D:D

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:22:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by titchCould you please let me have the names of persons who may be able to assist me or point me in the right direction? I am obviously going to need some guidance with this!! How much money will I need to have in my account for a 5 year residency?

I used Tayfun from Carole & Tayfun.
http://www.caroletayfun.com/residency_permit.aspx
His fee was 100tl on top of all the other fees that are mandatory, total cost to me was 500tl for a 3 year residency. I had 10,000tl in my Turkish bank account which was enough, I believe (but am not 100% sure) that you need appx £4k per year requested. This can be in the form of cash in the bank or proof of pension income or wages etc.

This page: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=112 is dedicated to residency/visas etc. & I would suggest you take some time to read a few pages.

Offline titch

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:27 AM »
Now we're cooking with gas! Much appreciated, great information. I have taken a good look at the C&T website and am about to read the section recommended.  I will get back to you with any questions.

Thanks again everyone
Titch

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
The "fixers" can do things more quickly partly because of the language problem & partly because they know where to go. Having said that, you may need to seek out your local baskan & get the paperwork signed on your own, as you're not particularly local to Fethiye & each area has it's own. I used A&A Translations, a bit more pricey than some, but I didn't have to go to the tax office or take the completed forms back to the Passport Police & they had the form to complete on their computer, so I didn't have to faff around with that, as some have done.

All in I paid IRO 1000tl for 5 years

Offline titch

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 13:12:41 PM »
Thank you. I will have to enquire locally when I arrive regarding who is available to translate etc.

The information in the visa and residency section on this forum is excellent and I now have a good idea of what I can prepare and photocopy now to take out with me to Turkey. Would have been two trips otherwise.

That said it does appear that things vary area to area!

Offline Fastlady

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »
hi Titch and welcome to the forum.

If you don't live in Fethiye you will need to find out which Passport Police you will need to use, ie, Dalyan, Kalkan, Kas etc don't come under Fethiye's jurisdiction, though I believe Gocek does.  

Also, if you don't have enough funds to show in your savings account in Turkey, you can show evidence of a monthly income to a UK bank account, but you will need to have your bank statements translated, by a certified translator.  

Also, whilst you can take back your passport before your Residency is completed, I'd double check if I were you, to make sure that this doesn't stop the process, as I understood that if you take your passport back, you will have to start everything again, including the payment, next time you're back in Turkey.

Offline titch

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 10:06:01 AM »
I am concerned about trying to get my passport back within the two week period that I will be in Turkey this time around.  I will check before I hand it in.

I will need to use my UK bank statements which show my pension contributions as proof of income as I don't have the funds available in my Turkish bank account.  I am only there two weeks every two months so have about £2k in my £ account there for emergency.

What do you mean translated?  There are two entries on my Barclays statement for my pensions.  I have two letters from pension providers stating these exact amounts.  What is to translate?

I am not doubting you but I just need to understand what it is I am asking of the translator.  I am on my own and do not have a lot of Turkish so need to be very certain of what I am doing before I go out.

Thank you for your input.  Very helpful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf