Author Topic: electricity  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Brucat

electricity
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »
We will be coming over to Turkey in April and need to have the electricty changed into our name after tenant has moved out.
Does anyone know how we go about this and what documents we will need?

Thank

Offline hubblebubble

electricity
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 13:55:40 PM »
Go to Aydem offices with passport tapu and tax number, also current bill with meter details etc on it.

Aydem office is in Fethiye, turn left at the roundabout coming fron gunlukbasi where you would normally turn right to head into fethiye and Carrefour and the otogar are in the straight on direction. The Aydem office is about half a kilometre or more up there set back on the left - look for bright orange one story block bit sticking out and it is next to that. dont queue at paying desk go to one of the assistance counters at back, some days  they have a great guy who speaks good english there.

hope thats not toooooo convoluted
good luck
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 13:57:24 PM by hubblebubble »

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
electricity
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 14:44:51 PM »
Just to add to Sues excellent advice...

I went in & asked the security guard to show me who spoke good English, he took me upstairs to a small private office where I was dealt with by a man who spoke almost perfect English & was very helpful, his name is Veli Ikiz, might be worth asking for him if he's available. You can also make an appointment on 0252.614.2388.

Offline SteveJ

electricity
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 16:04:08 PM »
Good advice from Supercabby. If you think that you will wait in an orderly queue and get dealt with in the order that you arrived then think again. The concept of waiting for your turn seems to be unknown and it's whoever shouts the loudest (in Turkish) or whoever can push themselves to the front who will get served next. The other option is to take someone with you who is (or can shout in) Turkish.

Offline Brucat

electricity
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 18:25:17 PM »
thank you all your advice. sounds like another 5 minute jobs that take all day

Offline Stressed Eric

Re: electricity
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »
Does anyone know the current charge by Aydem for changing the name on the electricity bills when a property changes ownership?  Thanks

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 14:28:15 PM »
Good advice from Supercabby. If you think that you will wait in an orderly queue and get dealt with in the order that you arrived then think again. The concept of waiting for your turn seems to be unknown and it's whoever shouts the loudest (in Turkish) or whoever can push themselves to the front who will get served next. The other option is to take someone with you who is (or can shout in) Turkish.
LO very L, that sums up the queueing situation nicely

Offline tonysue

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 20:12:43 PM »
Does anyone know the current charge by Aydem for changing the name on the electricity bills when a property changes ownership?  Thanks
98 lira in may this year

Offline Stressed Eric

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 20:38:48 PM »
Thanks Tonysue...cheaper than what i thought it might be...good news.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf