Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 3408 times)

Offline scouser2

Advice Please
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »
The price is very expensive. We paid 500TL for our apartment to be painted and that included the paint. We are having our complex (6 apts) painted later this year and our contribution is 600TL.
I think the problem you have got is that you have paid maintenance from the beginning, and paid for repairs to the property even though you do not have the tapu, so technically the property is not yours, and the people charging for maintenance and painting are seeing you as a 'soft touch'.
The first thing that I would do is to get the quotes for maintenance and the painting in writing from them.
The next thing that I would do is I would withdraw all payments to these scoundrels and see what happens. What are they going to do? take you to court? it will cost them money to do this and they would have to lay out in public what they want to charge you for, and what you have already paid.They may even have to account for other monies paid by other owners. Oh, and they would have to declare what tax (if any) they have paid to the Govt. Somehow, i don't think they will do anything, Although, you may have to develop a thick skin if you plan to visit your complex in the near future.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:51:05 AM by scouser2 »

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Advice Please
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »
Just had mine painted outside triplex plus roof balcony 850tl inc paint .
 ;)

Offline elaina

Advice Please
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 21:28:43 PM »
I just want to thank everyone for the advice I have been given.  On the basis of what I have been told I think my first step will be to go to my lawyer to establish where we are regarding the Tapu.  I will be there at the end of the month for 3 weeks so should have time.  Then I will get 3 independant estimates from those recommended on this forum and I will go with one of them, once I have the tapu of course.  Hopefully, God willing, I will aim to have the job done in September. Regarding the maintenance I will continue to pay but I will disregard any proposed increase at present.  I do not want to upset the other owners on the complex too much after all I do use the pool sometimes, plus I do not want to invite problems after all I have enough of them in Turkey as it is. Thank you all so much once again your help is much appreciated.

Offline Steve A

Advice Please
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 23:11:37 PM »
Lance do you have details of the painter ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Advice Please
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 23:33:21 PM »
What paint did he use Lance - Woolworths vinyl matt?

Offline karenr

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 19:58:37 PM »
you need to get a committee set up then your legal......noone can take you to court for non payment as the responsibility is the owner...which would be the build company. We had 2 apartments owned y the builder. We set up a committee, Invited them and they didnt show. Then threatened with non payment and they paid up. Having a proper committee and resolutions book and yearly AGMs.......they know a court will always find in the committees favour so they pay up. When you see your lawyer get her to help with setting up a legal committee. Its in everyones interests and future investments......and you cannoy lose. Its the best thing we have ever done....goodluck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf