Author Topic: Problem With Unlocked iPhone  (Read 9688 times)

Offline Eric

Re: Problem With Unlocked iPhone
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 23:06:47 PM »
That was the exact same procedure we used last Friday to register our new phone....and.......problem yok!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 23:10:18 PM »
Very informative UBT but I would suggest that after all the hassle and shelling out 110TL you would not rush back anytime soon to repeat the process for another phone.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 10:26:57 AM »
You aint too far wrong Bewva.  Next time I'll think about buying the handset 'unlocked' in Turkey, and the higher Turkish price for mobiles being balanced off against the 110TL and my sanity : :)

Offline Fran

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 13:28:53 PM »
To save taking the battery out of your phone, typing this code *#06#  into your handset will give you the phones IMEI number .

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 13:47:45 PM »
Fran thanks for that top tip, I've been working in telecoms for 40 years - pre mobile phones even - and I didn't know that.

Still learning something new everyday  :)

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 14:54:49 PM »
I just tried that and it works thanks for that.
  :)  ;)

My Phone worked fine in December and April while in Calis, do you think that this time it will be blocked and it hasnt been registered at all to work in Turkey, but as long as it has roaming set up it will be fine.
I am hoping to be able to pop the sim into a dongle as well when we get there to get the internet on my laptop to, as it works well here.

Offline daveG

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 17:22:37 PM »
Me thinks will stick with my 3310!!! ??? : :)

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Problem With Unlocked iPhone
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 19:49:49 PM »
Nothing wrong with the 3310, best thing my mum understands how to use it, well sort off

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 20:17:21 PM »
My mum has a 3310 too (and understands it, sort of) :D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 09:55:45 AM »
Just resurrecting this topic as someone may be able to help -

A bit of a saga but basically, I want to be able to buy internet access to use for the few weeks we are in Calis.  I like to sit on the terrace at night and catch up on emails/facebook etc as using free wi-fi when we are out can be a bit anti-social with my head stuck in my iPad! 
I get completely baffled by the regulations and also am not 'techy' in any way when it comes to phones/internet access etc.

First attempt in 2011 was to buy a mini-sim for my iPad whilst in Fethiye - cost a few bob but worked a treat for the 2 weeks we were there in June.  Went through all the passport and contract stuff and was very pleased.  The guy in the shop was very helpful (Baris) but I didn't really know what I was doing or understand the legalities.
On return in September it was of course switched off as it hadn't been renewed/topped up within the time frame.  Apparently a big problem as it was now recognised as not being 'turkish' so a mini sim was not going to work in this iPad any more - great!

Next attempt was to buy a data sim  and use my mobile to tether to the iPad - yes very good, it worked but not cheap and had to go through all the passport/contract stuff again.
Back we come in June last year and again, not been topped up in time so had to buy another data sim. This is getting expensive for 3 weeks a year internet !

On returning in September last year my mobile was now blocked in Turkey 'cos it's not Turkish……….
Somehow the shop managed to unblock it (without me visiting the tax office) which cost me again and I got a new sim, for which I have no idea of the number etc as it worked for data only - I didn't know how to top up for calls. 

I just know when we come back in June, as I haven't used it/topped it up,  it will not work even though the imei thingy is no longer blocked  so, my big question -

How do I buy temporary internet access for my phone that will be reasonable cost for 2 weeks then again in Sept for another week, without it being switched off in-between visits whilst we are at home in UK? 
If anyone can tell me (in the simplest of terms - no techy stuff!)  what to buy or ask for without all the contract stuff, I would be very grateful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf