Author Topic: Ant problem  (Read 4927 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Ant problem
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 23:28:21 PM »
also take nipon with me
after sitting in the back garden one evening , eating a meal and found them crawling up my legs, to get at the food on the table

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 23:33:15 PM »
Make that 3 of us then - Nipon works fast, everything else didn't work for us at all. We used to ask friends coming out to bring cheese, bacon & Nipon  ;)

Offline Libra

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »
Hi hotlips , are the ants still there ?

The reason I am asking this is an experience we had back in 1999 in Istanbul when the great earthquake happened.

In summer 1998 , we had a similar ant invasion like you described. In 1999 we were living in an apartment 2 kms away and still had the ants in the kitchen.

After the eathquake on August 17 1999 , the ants misteriously disappeared. I made some reasearch on internet and found similar incidents.

So I was wondering if the ants are still there .

Offline Merlin

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
Cornflour works well - they love it

They take it back to their queen and she consumes it then when she drinks water....

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 12:56:46 PM »
Hi hotlips , are the ants still there ?

The reason I am asking this is an experience we had back in 1999 in Istanbul when the great earthquake happened.

In summer 1998 , we had a similar ant invasion like you described. In 1999 we were living in an apartment 2 kms away and still had the ants in the kitchen.

After the eathquake on August 17 1999 , the ants misteriously disappeared. I made some reasearch on internet and found similar incidents.

So I was wondering if the ants are still there .

The ants have gone, but they had disappeared before the quake due to following the advice on here. Very interesting though - wonder if they would have gone afterwards! I know they take a lot to shift once they take up home, but I am prepared to suffer rather than go through that scary experience again!!

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
Cornflour works well - they love it

They take it back to their queen and she consumes it then when she drinks water....

Love it!! Will definitely try that next time !

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 15:31:17 PM »
Mix borax with a bit of sugar and hot water. Put on a flat container. It has the same effect as cornflour but can be dropped into their ant hills.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 05:10:59 AM »
Ants still here in Fethiye - unfortunately quake didn't send them away!!

Offline busybee

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 08:41:59 AM »
Nipon is the best but be careful as it killed my neighbours dog, she licked it.  You can get this liquid from the garden shops, it kills them dead.  5cc in a litre of water and you just spray on them, not harmful to plants and will last you the whole year. Turkish word for ant is Koringee (not spelt right) Was 7TL last year

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 15:59:14 PM »
I have had big problem with ants the best  product i found is called  CATAMARAN you can get it in the garden shop in gunlukbasi maybe all garden centres ,sprinkle on there run within 2 days mine were gone .  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf