Author Topic: Babadag Fire  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Libra

Babadag Fire
« on: June 14, 2012, 13:05:19 PM »
A firefighter helicopter is flying above Babadag at the moment and smoke can be seen on the hills of the mountain facing west.

Offline Eric

Re: Babadag Fire
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 13:28:38 PM »
Well fancy that   ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 14:05:22 PM »
I saw it earlier and wondered what it was. Is the fire out of control?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 14:08:29 PM »
Perhaps it is a Volcano erupting from the bowls of the earth following the Earthquake - but don't worry the Tsunami will put it out   ;)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 14:45:51 PM »
now now Nichola   ;) ;D  ;D

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 15:32:30 PM »
According to the latest rumours it is indeed steam coming from the sea instead of a fire.
So Nicola might be right.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 15:41:24 PM »
OMG I am becoming hysterical what with news of the Tsunami and reports on Turkish news of everyone fleeing in droves and the roads are indeed clogged up as they make their escape and now this...

I did actually see a helicopter with a water bag and my first thought was a fire - is this just too unbelievable to be true or what. I am not sure I can cope with any more of this  :o   ;)

Offline Libra

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 16:07:49 PM »
OMG I am becoming hysterical what with news of the Tsunami and reports on Turkish news of everyone fleeing in droves and the roads are indeed clogged up as they make their escape and now this...

I did actually see a helicopter with a water bag and my first thought was a fire - is this just too unbelievable to be true or what. I am not sure I can cope with any more of this  :o   ;)

Unfortunately people fleeing after tsunami rumors show how uneducated and confused locals are. People in Istanbul were not much different though. They can't understand that with today's technology earthquakes are not predictable and announceable like weather forecasts - otherwise  they would allways be announced by officials in advance - what a contradiction !  Since the 1999 earthquake these issues have been discussed thousands of times on TV and other media.  But what can one expect ordinary people to think when stupid TV reporters ask experts occasionally whether the Japan or Italy earthquakes would trigger the expected Istanbul earthquake.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 16:36:04 PM »
Just to add to the mix Dogan was just saying (laughingly in a nice way) that Turkish people do love a drama and the chance to play up to it too   :)

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 17:06:15 PM »
Was way up above Fayaralya in the Karaagac area collecting bark chips this afternoon and along the track came a fire engine. The Turkish friends told that some of the beach at Patara had been moved /disrupted and that some areas were extremly hot other than the heat of the sun.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 17:10:00 PM by ovacik2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf