Author Topic: Really getting on my nerves  (Read 2486 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Really getting on my nerves
« on: June 23, 2012, 22:53:32 PM »
Since I have changed from Vista to Windows 7 although this may be entirely unrelated the touch pad thingy on my lap top appears to be really sensitive and when I am typing I suddenly find that I have skipped up the page and am writing in the middle of a sentence.

It is really beginning to annoy me and would like to know if there is anything I can do apart from try to type without my hands touching the touch pad thingy.

Thanks in anticipation   :)

Offline ukchris

Re: Really getting on my nerves
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 23:14:51 PM »
Have a look at the mouse settings within control panel.

Some manufacturers of laptops have their own touchpad software installed, also have a look near the clock and click the ^ arrow, maybe a program there that you can change the sensitivity.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 23:17:57 PM »
I have the same problem.  I spend as much time trying to sort out what I have written as I do writing it.  Annoying.... : :).......

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 23:19:06 PM »
I had a similar thing when I changed laptops - you may be catching the touchpad on it's right hand side which often is a fast scroll up/down. Might not be the case for you but it was for me - I now arc my right thumb over the touchpad to avoid it :D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 23:48:05 PM »
Thanks Keith will get onto this and see how I get on - same here Heather I seem to spend all my time cutting, pasting, deleting and inserting back to the original location all the time  : :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 01:19:12 AM »
I had a similar thing when I changed laptops - you may be catching the touchpad on it's right hand side which often is a fast scroll up/down. Might not be the case for you but it was for me - I now arc my right thumb over the touchpad to avoid it :D

Look like I will be arcing my right thumb too Keith

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
Do you have the space to use a wireless keyboard/mouse set? I hated my 1st ever laptop for the very same problems you're having & have used a remote set ever since & in doing so this disables the touchpad completely. If you do consider this option I'd recommend a Logitech as opposed to any other make & then make sure you install their own software to manage the set-up.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 10:18:53 AM »
Supacabby, I do have a remote wireless mouse somewhere so I will dig it out and set it up; will take a bit of getting used to after using a touchpad for so long though but will be worth it   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf