Author Topic: Beer  (Read 2724 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Beer
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
I had some English beer bought over yesterday i did ask for real ale or guinness ,anyway they bought Newcastle brown ,well i dont bother with it UK very much, because its not a real ale unless you can get draught ,i always thought efes dark was the nearest you could get to it ,but i must say the efes is nicer its stronger more flavor ,i was so looking forward to a decent English pint never mind . :(

Offline Eric

Re: Beer
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 15:37:00 PM »
Obviously a Southern softie that does not appreciate good beer  ;)  :) 8)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 16:24:22 PM »
I beg to differ Sir me bought up on Fullers ESB  Gales  HSB  Tanglefoot  ,Abbott Ale ,Bishops finger ,and these are just a few of the southern ales all a lot stronger than NB but mainly a lot more flavor ,as i said if you can get NB on draught thats a bit better not a lot ,but i do miss proper beer north or south ,oh for a few pints of Burton Ale .  ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 17:55:15 PM »
  ;) ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Beer
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 18:47:20 PM »
It doesn't happen too often, but I agree with Lance 100% here...

Offline Eric

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 18:50:22 PM »
A Scot talking about decent beer   ;) the home of Drybrough's Keg heavy....yuk and Double Diamond  ;)  ;) :D :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Beer
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 19:16:02 PM »
I have a bed for you and Lady Eric, come and let me educate you on real Scottish beer...

Offline Eric

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 20:26:05 PM »
Next time we are in Scotland I might just take you up on that offer, as long as you are buying   ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 00:51:28 AM »
Tetleys Bitter!

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 07:54:50 AM »
Some little known facts about 'Newkie Brown'
The beer is now one of the United Kingdom's leading bottled ales and is in the top twenty highest selling ales overall, selling around 100,000 hectoliters annually. At the time of moving brewing to Dunstan in 2005, Newcastle Brown was being exported to 41 countries. At times, over half of the brewery's output is directed overseas to the U.S  in 2010, more than 640,000 hectoliters of the beer were sold in the United States, more than double the 2001 total. In the United States the beer is available in bottles and in keg, and on tap in some bars around the country. Newcastle Brown is also distributed in cans in the U.S., but is very rare. In Quebec, Canada, France (Brittany) the beer is available in short and tall bottles and in cans. The beer is also available in British-themed pubs as a draught beer in Australia and New Zealand. Brewed by Scottish & Newcastle in the UK but is now imported directly from the UK by The Beer and Cider Company. The UK-brewed bottled, kegs and cans are widely available in Australian liquor outlets as part of their international range. It is also popular in Canada, available on draught at many British-themed pubs.
Bottling of Newcastle Brown Ale moved to the John Smith's Brewery in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, in 2007

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf