Author Topic: Garanti Bank  (Read 2176 times)

Offline billy3107

Garanti Bank
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:14:52 AM »
I have banked with Garanti for the last 7 years I have just one account an elma account I deposited a few quid in it a few years ago the intrest this earns pays my water and electricity bills by direct debit I am a frequent visitor but do not live here all the time I went to deposit some more cash the other day and needed a Garanti cash card to get a ticket from the machine to enable me to see one of the cashiers.To save me a lot of time trying to explain to the staff who are supposed to speak English do they charge for a card and can the card be used  with my existing account i am registered for internet banking so i can keep a check on my account

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Re: Garanti Bank
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
My experience of the main "central" Garanti:

You don't need a card to get a ticket, use the machine just inside the door on the left hand side next to the security guard. There are 3 options for different tickets, I always took a ticket from all 3 as could never work out what did what!

The free phone on the right hand side will connect you to English speaking customer services, I think you dial 9 but the instructions are there for you.

Failing that contact Alper (username Banker on this forum) who now works at Garanti & I'm sure he will help.

Edit: The lady who sits at the far end in the customer services section used to speak perfect English too if all else fails go straight to her maybe?

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 13:16:00 PM »
The ticket machine at the front left as you go in can be used with or without a card. It also has an English button which helps. The card works like a debit card in the uk but known as a Paracard in Turkey, can be used to pay at shops or withdraw from ATM's Migros has a bonus system with it too. The card is connected to your current account / elma account. There was no charge for the card but you can easily arrange one. best to have it sent to the bank and collect in person.

Offline banker

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 14:02:24 PM »
I am at Garanti Central offıce and will be happy to help  :)

Regards.

alper  :)

Offline billy3107

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 20:41:41 PM »
Thanks everyone

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf