Author Topic: Are these products available in Fethiye?  (Read 3463 times)

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
Are these products available in Fethiye?
« on: August 03, 2012, 21:00:13 PM »
Nicotinell chewing gum;
VO5 or Studio Line gel hairspray
Aussie miracle moist hair conditioner
Umberto Gianni volumising shampoo
Hypo allergenic foundation and powder
Rimmel lipsticks
L'Oreal eyeliner

As you may guess, this is a question from the woman of the partnership and mainly aimed at any women who may know the answers.

A bit of a trivial question I know but otherwise it will mean I have to massively stock up for maybe 6 months' supply before we come!

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Re: Are these products available in Fethiye?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 21:23:19 PM »
Good luck with the stocking up mate

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 21:41:10 PM »
crikey! you sure you want to move here?

most of the make up just pours off in the heat, your hair is never the same again from the sea, the pool, the sun and the wind on the dolmus. Forget gel spray and get hair clips and olive oil or car grease to try and recondition it.

not sure about Nicotinell though

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 22:27:19 PM »
I was the same as you in 2005 desperately looking for the products I used at home, particuarly the Aussie Miracle.  However, as time went by I realised I loved the place so much and was having such a great time when I came over, I did not really care about these things and they became totally unimportant.  However, I found it great fun to search for alternatives and found lots in shops around Fethiye which are just as good.  Some great shampoo and conditioners, lovely olive old products, really good and cheap lipsticks, nail polish and eye shadows. I bought an eye shadow pallette for 4 lira and loved it so much I brought it back with me and have used it every day for the last month.
Have fun looking and trying all the different beauty products and see how quickly you forget the ones that seem so important to you at the moment.   

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 22:31:42 PM »
There is a shop on a corner by the fish market in Fethiye which sells most of that, but at a price.

Offline janmack

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 23:26:48 PM »
Agree with Linda and Jacqui.  After a couple of months of living here in the hot months you will happily go "au naturel"  ;)  There are loads of different make up brands/shampoos etc. available BTW.

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 13:49:52 PM »
Will certainly look for the shop by the fish market.  Thank you.

I am sure you are right about things being less important once we are there - it is a more casual environment and no-one cares so much.  Having said that, my hair is always better abroad because the damp weather here destroys it, as does the hard water. 

I have not gone "au naturel" since about 10 years old - I would scare you all off if you saw me with no slap. Not a pretty sight.  Trouble is my skin flares up if I don't use Boots No 7. 

AND I shall have to try and wean myself off these wretched gums. 

I have just re-read this and I sound so vain but I need all the help I can get to look halfway decent.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 14:00:58 PM »
I'm honestly not sure you would be able to keep foundation/powder on in the heat.  Once you have a little colour in your cheeks, you maybe won't want it anyway? Why not just take the smaller items that last ages like the eyeliner/ lipstick and plan on weaning yourself off the foundation?
Understand about the hair products though......  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 14:33:55 PM »
I tend to put on tinted moisturiser during the day as it give a bit of colour but does not melt like make up.  Clinique do a very good one, stock up on that it's will not be too heavy to bring over.   At night if we are going out I always put on make up.  As for hair. I found that L'Oreal Elvive is very good, get the shampoo and conditioner, they sell it Migros and Kipa.
I have heard that the Ex pat ladies that live locally take trips to Istanbul to stock up on items they cannot get in Fethiye.  There are some very cheap flights and who would not want to go there for a few days.  All the local English Stores are  there including Debenhams.

Offline janmack

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 21:46:21 PM »
You could bring loads of Boots No.7 out with you and when people come to visit ask them to bring some out as well.  There are loads of shops that sell good products like Maybelline, L'Oreal etc.  I go to a shop opposite Eren Spot which has a pretty good choice and is very reasonably priced.  Migros and Tansas have promotions quite regularly where they sell well known brand creams (face/body/hand) at half price, so it's well worth stocking up.  BTW you don't sound vain at all however I think you will feel differently about your beauty routine once you're here lol.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf