Author Topic: pop ups on firefox  (Read 1857 times)

Offline tonysue

pop ups on firefox
« on: November 07, 2012, 13:02:57 PM »
I run windows 7 and use firefox as a browser. Recently this has altered to plusnet search and is alllowing pop ups although the default setting is on firefox and the dont allow pop up box is ticked. It also keep telling me a new java is available and my printer is missing something. I think the change came about when I tried to download mp3 rocket, which I have since removed and used sytem restore, but the resore points dont go back far enough. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Offline LeeGlo

Re: pop ups on firefox
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 16:49:01 PM »
Here's a suggestion, download the latest version of Firefox and save it on your desktop, now uninstall your current FF. Install the new version then get Adblock plus from the FF ad-ons site and install that.
Set FF to ditch all history, cookies etc on closure, make the opening page "blank" and re-set your homepage to what you want. Good luck.
By the way if you want to download music a very good site is: www.mp3lemon.org  this is not a bit torrent site, their range of music is brilliant, and it's free. The only downside is that if you want a whole album you generally have to download a track at a time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf