Author Topic: Six Nations Championship 2013  (Read 11098 times)

Offline valleyboy

Six Nations Championship 2013
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:16:06 AM »
Well it's that time of year !, when us die hard Rugby Union fans start salivating looking forward to the start of the Six Nations Championship this Saturday 2nd February, when Wales v Ireland (13.30); England v Scotland (16.00); and on Sunday 3rd February Italy v France (15.00).

After the World Cup, last years Six Nations, and last Autumns test matches, it promises to be a fascinating tournament, England must feel that they are in with a good chance of success after their inspiring performance against the All Blacks in the Autumn; France always there or thereabouts depending on their mood on the day !; Wales suffering the highs and lows over the past year !; Ireland always strong when it counts; Italy on the up and continually improving; and Scotland unfortunately in the doldrums with a lot to prove. All the ingredients for a "battle royale" !.

So, all you like minded folk of all nationalities let's open up this to some amateur "punditry" (not sure if that's even a word !), and post match analysis, all littered, no doubt, with a liberal sprinkling of "banter" (good natured of course !   ;)  :)).

Good luck to all involved and let's hope the Championship lives up to it's prospects !, I'm sure it will bring lots of cheers  ;D, smiles  :), and tears  :'( .

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 17:53:36 PM »
Hi Valleyboy, it's going to be interesting, but seeing as I'm a Valley's girl there is only one team!! :D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Six Nations Championship 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 18:23:51 PM »
My daughter is about to be married to an Irishman. Which is absolutely good news and to be celebrated. Unfortunately, she is to be married next Saturday. By my calculations I shall be making my Father of the Bride speech, welcoming the groom into the family, whilst the Wales v Ireland game is still in progress. It could be a trifle tricky.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 18:36:47 PM »
Seize the opportunity Colwyn - big screen TV adjacent to the reception room with the head usher in charge.That should keep some of the boys off the Old Growler away from the bar ! I wish you all a memorable day.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 19:17:45 PM »
I hope Scotland do better than I am expecting - that shouldn't be difficult :(

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 19:31:13 PM »
I hope Scotland do better than I am expecting - that shouldn't be difficult :(
I share  your hopes H but i doubt it.

Offline Shamless2

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 19:34:35 PM »
My first marriage took place on a day when Wales and France was playing, France won, it was an omen!

Offline buddy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 23:18:12 PM »
This is a time of year I really look forward to :D. I meet up with a few 'old' teammates on saturday afternoons, and we watch the 6 nations over a few beers  :), and plenty of good banter. Superb.I think England will win with Ireland a close second.  ;)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:21:13 AM »
England are just the bookies favourites with France a close second.H you can get 33/1 on Scotland winning the  title.

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 14:45:34 PM »
Hi Valleyboy, it's going to be interesting, but seeing as I'm a Valley's girl there is only one team!! :D

I sure hope so Shameless, but it'll be tough to rally after that disasterous Autumn test series, and we've got a lot of injury problems particularly in the second row, but let's not start with excuses !    :), and let's keep the faith   ;).

The "craic" should be mighty at that wedding Colwyn !   :)  ;).

The only way is up H, good luck !.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf