Author Topic: Buying in Calis.should I be worried?  (Read 6821 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Buying in Calis.should I be worried?
« on: June 12, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »
Hi all.
Came over in May before the troubles started with the intention to buy an apartment. We found our place and started the buying process.We have paid our deposit and hope to complete in approx 4 weeks from now.Obviously with the recent events We are a little worried that we have bought at the wrong time.
My feelings are that
1 Calis is a long way from the troubles and I can't foresee water cannon and tear gas being used on the residents here.
2 There are already a massive amount of ex-pats living over here already and it really doesn't have any bearing of how we will be treated,apart from not being able to buy a beer from the supermarket after 10pm.
What are the feelings of members who have bought properties here already?

Over to you..

Offline quackers

Re: Buying in Calis.should I be worried?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »
Love ıt Love ıt Love ıt. Very Happy lıvıng here . No problems ın thıs area.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
I am not particularly worried about it.
I am more concerned about the lack of reasonable flight prices and the increases in costs as they will continue where as the trouble going on at the moment will be history soon.
Each year there is something to blame decline of tourism on, Bird Flu, earthquake etc but the decline in my opinion starts at the point people look for a holiday and they look for value for money. This can now be found in places that were too expensive in Euope like Portugal, spain etc.

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 13:14:54 PM »
Here now and loving it. Had our villa for 9 years. It is such a beautiful place. Can't beat a beer while watching the Calis sunset. And so much to explore in the  surrounding areas.  :)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 14:52:49 PM »
we went into Fethiye sunday evening and there was 2 demos underway. One behind the culture centre and the other at the monument/obelisk, both very peaceful with singing and dancing. When the demos broke up the demonstrators stood for the Turkish national anthem and were joined by expats and tourists. The demonstrators were then applauded by the bystanders and restaurant customers as they made their way home. 

Offline dycedon

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 15:38:23 PM »
We have had a place for 7 years and are going across soon, not bothered one bit about what is going on, Turkish politics can be a bit skittitsh at the best of times, it has come to a head and hopefully can be resolved soon.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 16:32:21 PM »
Thanks so far for your comments.
Have to agree with everthing that has been said.Hopefully the trouble will blow over and some other countries troubles will be making the headlines soon.
Had to laugh at yesterdays BBC news, a report on the Istanbul riots was followed immediately by rioting in London by some "Anti-capitalist brigade". I have to say the London rioting looked a lot more violent.
Can't wait to come over in September and spend our first holiday in our new home. Calis is such a lovely place that nothing else really matters does it.(Apart from the price of Efes of course)  :D :D

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 19:24:13 PM »

Had to laugh at yesterdays BBC news, a report on the Istanbul riots was followed immediately by rioting in London by some "Anti-capitalist brigade". I have to say the London rioting looked a lot more violent.
Are you serious Chris ,take your head out of the sand ,people have died in Turkey ,police are using water cannons ,cs gas and stun grenades.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 20:27:48 PM »
And people in here who totally cock up "reply with quote"!!!

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 20:49:28 PM »
Normal for me. :'(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf