Author Topic: Average rentals in a year  (Read 4649 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: Average rentals in a year
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 20:45:49 PM »
Actually, looking back July and August were mostly full last year. This year August was completely booked but we had a sudden drop out, not yet filled. Yes, a bit disappointing, but the main purpose is to cover maintenance for villa, garden and pool and insurance etc plus a bit extra.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 22:12:19 PM »
I realise I am slightly hijacking bluwise's topic but can I ask if that is your aim with renting - I'm genuinely interested. i.e. I understand Owners Direct starts at around £200 for a year's advertising, so provided that it (the advert/listing) returns your management costs, council tax, maintenance etc (and the £200!) - you would be happy with the decision to advertise with them?

Not an interrogation I promise, I'm interested for "other reasons"   :)

In an attempt to put this back on topic I've started a new poll for owners who rent out: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/general_renting_issues_and_discussions/renting_out_your_property_what_returns_do_you_aim_for_52100.0.html

Offline quackers

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 05:45:42 AM »
Our neıghbours use owners dırect and are busy all year. Word of warnıng they dıd not declare earnıngs for tax the fırst year and got caught by UK Tax Dept as they monıtor websıtes and contact owners.Keep books on ıncome and outgoıngs.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 06:23:33 AM »
A welcome intervention Scunner as I am quite interested in the marketing side too.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »
Our neıghbours use owners dırect and are busy all year. Word of warnıng they dıd not declare earnıngs for tax the fırst year and got caught by UK Tax Dept as they monıtor websıtes and contact owners.Keep books on ıncome and outgoıngs.

Its ok Keith is a part time tax inspector.  ;)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 13:13:58 PM »
Scunner, yes. Haven't found a better /easier way to get tenants. If I charged for my time in liaising and organising, our losses would far outweigh any profits!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 13:20:07 PM »
Never a truer word spoken.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 13:31:20 PM »
Good advice, Quackers! That's my next job.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »
Thanks for the info - I guess it's down to how you advertise and seems like Owners direct/Hol.lettings have got it right to gain those bookings. I guess there is a standard template to complete as the details are usually pretty good for each property.   If I am looking at an area I don't know, I will skip past the properties that don't provide enough info. 

Often wonder why advertisers use up their page space with lots of  (copy/paste) info about the resort rather than their own property?  I can get the resort info elsewhere, I want to know the fine detail before I rent.
I thought the average may be around 12-16 weeks a year rental.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 19:45:35 PM »
If anyone has 12 to 16 weeks rental (excluding family and personal contacts/friends) I'd love to know their secret!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf