Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a reliable company to service / fix air con units?  (Read 3429 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Our agents/builders are useless at servicing and maintenance during lets. The aircon units have been playing up - I'd be grateful for the name, telephone and email of a reliable man or company who can check, service and fix aircon units in the villa - hopefully someone honest with reasonable charges!

Offline quackers

Re: Can anyone recommend a reliable company to service / fix air con units?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:56:37 AM »
 If you know the make get the agent to rıng the servıce dept for that make the tele number should be on a label on the aırcons.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »
We had ours cleaned and serviced this week by Beko who also service Arcelik and Altus.  They were very thorough.
Tel No: 02525148977. 

In our last apartment we used a company on the Calis Migros Road, can't remember name but the guy is Seker. I think they will service any make.  Tel No: 02526469695

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
Just take the front off and get the hoover out!

Seriously - they are pretty easy to keep on top of. Clear the dust and they will last much longer. Needs doing once a year and you will find they work much better.

http://energy.gov/energysaver/articles/maintaining-your-air-conditioner

Offline tonysue

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »
Yes I do my own every spring. Take out the filters and wash under the tap and hoover the inside put the filters back when dry. Last year my management company offered to get their service man to do it for 35tl each, I thought 3 units 100 lira save myself  the bother. Result 2 units failed flooding the lounge and bedroom, ruining the decor and new artwork I had just paid a good price for in Fethiye.

Offline poppy50

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »
If you are an able person it is so easy to do it yourself  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 11:08:09 AM »
Yes I do my own every spring. Take out the filters and wash under the tap and hoover the inside put the filters back when dry. Last year my management company offered to get their service man to do it for 35tl each, I thought 3 units 100 lira save myself  the bother. Result 2 units failed flooding the lounge and bedroom, ruining the decor and new artwork I had just paid a good price for in Fethiye.

I doubt them failing was anything to do with the cleaning of the filters. Did you get a failure report from whoever fixed them?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:12:37 AM »
Hiring a Professional - depends on how old the unit is and when you last had a full service done. This is much different from just cleaning/replacing the filters but doing the latter will make your aircon unit work better and prolong it's life.

"When your air conditioner needs more than regular maintenance, hire a professional service technician. A well-trained technician will find and fix problems in your air conditioning system.

The technician should:

•Check for correct amount of refrigerant
•Test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector
•Capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the atmosphere
•Check for and seal duct leakage in central systems
•Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
•Verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously
•Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary
•Oil motors and check belts for tightness and wear
•Check the accuracy of the thermostat."

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 13:48:09 PM »
Wow! Thank you all, especially Stoop for this advice. Since our agent always takes the shortest possible cut - or does nothing at all - I'll organise a complete service when we're out in a couple of weeks, armed with Stoop's checklist!

Offline tonysue

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 16:09:27 PM »

I doubt them failing was anything to do with the cleaning of the filters. Did you get a failure report from whoever fixed them?
They failed because they were full of muck the service engineer should have removed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf