Author Topic: Help! Private villa & pool wanted for 2 weeks (not overlooked) from 30 Sept.  (Read 9202 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Catastrophe! The worst has happened. Our builder/agent DeskaGlobal has gone bankrupt. We have our land Tapu but not our building Tapu which I have been trying to get for the past year. The electricity for our villa has been stopped - water may be cut soon. We have a honeymoon couple booked for 14 nights from 30 September. They want a luxury villa with private pool, not overlooked - near sea, shops, transport. I said I would try to find something suitable, as we have had to let them down. We too are in trouble as we have booked to go to our villa on 16th leaving on 30th, but we will look for a hotel with pool near Calis Beach. Recommendations for that too, please!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I'm so sorry to read this. 
It really is time the Turkish government looked into these builders. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Would they really turn down an overlooked one with flights booked and just weeks to go?!

You need to get moving to change your tapu from land to home with living permission. 5 years after initial approval it expires and then things really get expensive.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
I'm meeting our lawyer when we arrive and we'll go together to the Ciftlik Beledisi office and where ever else we need to go. It seems we owe electricity and water bills (at builder rates) and of course, we'll pay additional Tapu fees that our builder might normally pay - anything to get our Tapu!

Offline quackers

Sorry to hear thıs Moıra . If there ıs anythıng I can do let me know.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Can you not get the bills paid or is the TAPU stopping you from using the house?

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
We can use the villa but the electricity box (servicing all 5 villas on the estate) has been removed today (we are told by our neighbours, owners of one of the other villas who are there at the moment) - so there is no electricity- and maybe soon, no water.

We do not have up-to-date utility bills from Deska and as we don't have our Tapu, presumably all bills will be at the higher rate paid by builders. We have paid up everything to do with building, but not utility bills. We have part of our Tapu, the Tapu Senedi (although the numbers on it are different to our contract; Deska says that's because the division of the original larger plot into smaller ones caused the change in numbers so the ADA no and Parsel number are different to what is on our original building contract. We have been told by Deska that we now have the correct Ada and Parsel numbers. Don't know if this is correct or more b-s.

We would pay all our utility bills (if sent!) if we could be sure of getting our full, accurate building Tapu - but don't want to send good money after bad! We have been using the villa up to now but we're due to fly out on 16 September for 2 weeks, with another 2 week let for tenants directly after us. I've returned their money and am looking for alternative accommodation for them.
Problem is, I don't know why Deska have not given us our building Tapu - they say they do not yet have our 'habitation' papers???? More b-s? I've been told that they have another unissued 80+ tapes - but this may be rumour.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
You need to get moving to change your tapu from land to home with living permission. 5 years after initial approval it expires and then things really get expensive.
Scunner from what date does the 5 years apply? The builder began building ours and 4 others on the plot in 2009 - it was supposed to be finished by 30-6-10, but was not finished until over a year later. We paid the last of completion at end of 2011. The land Tapu was finally issued by Deska when we were there in May (I refused to leave the office until it was given). This Tapu reads Tarihi 07/05/2013. Will the 5 years be from that date, do you think? Another thing, our original contract stated that our Parcel details were 79 ADA PLOT 6, but the land Tapu gives the ADA No  as 386, and the Parsel No as 3. Deska says the discrepancy is because the original numbers on the contract applied at that time of building whereas afterwards, when the overall plot was subdivided into individual plots, the new numbers apply. Could that be true? Thanks for your help!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Definitely NOT five years from 07/05/2013 - more likely that is 5 years from the date of approval. That would make the permission 2008 which fits in rightish with beginning the physical build in 2009.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Hi ArtMar, really sorry to hear of your problems :(

I read recently that an Extension of the Planning permission may be granted, if applied for before the original term expires.  There is also a new law which now places the responsibility for paying the costs to issue the Habitation cert back on the builder/developers shoulders. 

You need  to check at the Tapu office if the position & parcel No of your property, corresponds to the plans they hold on the project.

Good luck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf