Author Topic: Help! Private villa & pool wanted for 2 weeks (not overlooked) from 30 Sept.  (Read 9203 times)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Re: Help! Private villa & pool wanted for 2 weeks (not overlooked) from 30 Sept.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 12:26:49 PM »
Hi ArtyMar, as Quackers said, please don't pay Deska anything! (I'm sure you won't     ;))

I'm not sure you need a lawyer at this stage, what you need is to find out is 'what is the real position' of Deska & your property status.  This can be done quite easily with the help of a Turkish speaker with some knowledge of how the Tapu/planning offices work, a court trustworthy Translator for instance.  A lawyer will probably only use a 'runner' at this stage but will probably charge you full wack for the info gathered.

I've never heard of your lawyer (that may be a very good sign     ;)) maybe someone else has & could give you some feed-back.  But if, Deska, are in serious trouble, you'll need someone with Teeth & experience in difficult cases to handle it for you.  You'll need to think as you would when engaging a solicitor at home + factor in TIT, what experience/track record do they have in the area You need help with, what cases can they prove they've won etc.  And, make a written contract with them 'detailing' what it is you are paying them to do, don't leave room for ambiguity....

Best wishes

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: Help! Private villa & pool wanted for 2 weeks (not overlooked) from 30 Sept.
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 15:54:09 PM »
Such excellent advice, Cef. Thank you so much.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 17:08:39 PM »

I'm not sure you need a lawyer at this stage, what you need is to find out is 'what is the real position' of Deska & your property status.  This can be done quite easily with the help of a Turkish speaker with some knowledge of how the Tapu/planning offices work, a court trustworthy Translator for instance.  A lawyer will probably only use a 'runner' at this stage but will probably charge you full wack for the info gathered.

Cef or anyone else, can you recommend someone with these skills? Perhaps someone who could also drive us to whichever places we need to go?
Again, thanks for all your support and advice. I'm afraid this is turning out to be another Savoyboy saga :(

Offline quackers

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 10:43:20 AM »
Been and looked at your villa, garden and pool this morning. All Ok. Gardens llok good, grass has been cut and watered, pool clean and clear and the gardner/ poolman came ın yesterday. Cleaners were ın a couple of days ago. Hope thıs helps to put your mınd at rest a bıt. Water bıll ın meter for 2012 and lookıng at the meter readıng from then  ,ıf you have not paıd a bıll sınce Jan you wıll have about 170tl to pay.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 11:07:13 AM »

Cef or anyone else, can you recommend someone with these skills? Perhaps someone who could also drive us to whichever places we need to go?
Again, thanks for all your support and advice. I'm afraid this is turning out to be another Savoyboy saga :(

Firstly to be absolutely clear, I repeat this is not going to be cheap and you should make your mind up to that. If your five year timescale since the building project was approved has expired (and my feeling is it has) then you will need to do a bit more than take a tour of different official buildings and office like you would if you did your own residency for example. You cannot do this on your own - you can possibly check up the situation but there's no way you can get your HC yourself but feel free to try.

There will be expenses for which you will get no receipts, if you get my meaning. There will be expenses you will have to pay (SSK being the normal one - like UK National Insurance for all the builders who worked on building your property) which financially distressed developers and builders never seem to have paid - it has to be paid, or no HC, simple as that - and guess who is about to foot that hefty bill.

Snowtop has given you an guide for the cost and as is the way with Turkey, it could be a bit less or a lot more - but the certain part is that although HC is included when the builder dreams up the selling price for the villa (i.e. you already paid once for it), only one person will be paying through the nose for it is going to be you.

All bad news I realise. If you want a recommendation to try and sort it out and get your Tapu, I used Ozlen (Ozergin) who's husband did all the leg work and payments - some official, some possibly not - and they gave me a "maximum possible price" which I paid. A couple of months later I received final tapu, HC and £1700 back. Had they charged me maximum price I could never have found out about the £1700, they didn't need to give me it back and that is one of the reasons (but by no means the only one) that I tell people on here that you can trust Ozlen.

That's not to say your current lawyer can't do it. Similar to someone earlier in the topic, it is not a name I recognise.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »

Hi Artymar, I've just posted this link on the 'POA' thread as well:  It lists what paperwork you need to be looking for (inc possible extension), always good to have an idea yourself of what's actually happening when like me, your Turkish is confined to simply pleasantries, much less confusing.  Volkan has a good reputation in the area   :)

My view was for you to gain the basic information on your situation yourself (with help   :)), you would then be in a position to decide your next step, if you need a lawyer (that's a probably :(), which lawyer is best & most capable for you/your case.  Lawyers, much like, Agents, Restaurant's, Hotels etc, etc, are as good/bad as an individual's experience with them or as the saying goes "As good as their last Sale/Deal"   ;).

The only lawyer I've yet to hear any negative comments about is Sule Beder  :)

http://voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5913

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 21:43:02 PM »
Big thanks to you, Cef, Scunner, wonderful Quackers who is so kind the thought of her brings tears to my eyes (and we haven't actually met), and others for all your help! Yesterday I phoned Sule and tomorrow, Monday, she will be doing some searches to find out some of the bad news e.g. how much we may have to fork out to pay Deskas charges that may have been put against our Tapu and habitation cert charges. My previous lawyer, Hayel, came with us when we were out in May, to go to Deska offices and try to get Tapu - we got the Land part but as the numbers are different to our contract, we still have to have this checked. Sule would get a 'map engineer' (presumably what we would call a surveyor) to check these details against the actual land by visiting the villa.

Decided to go with Sule and after speaking with her, have even more confidence, as she seems very professional and her English is good - costly though! Hayel was so sweet and understanding, got email from her today - sure she's honest and would no doubt do a good job, but equally sure that Sule is more experienced. Hope Sule knows whose palm to grease if that is required to help matters along, Scunner  ;)

We're poised to hear the worst :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 21:53:45 PM »

wonderful Quackers who is so kind the thought of her brings tears to my eyes (and we haven't actually met)

Ah well if you buy in Koca Calis you get our Quackers as part of the deal :D

Sule is fantastic, you are in good hands. I've seen her in action and remember thinking how glad I was that it wasn't me she was representing against. To use a phrase of my wife's, she doesn't miss and hit the wall. Like a good accountant, the more they cost the better off you are.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 22:12:01 PM »
Have everything crossed for you Artymar  :)

Good luck x

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 23:55:27 PM »
I really hope you get a good result. Wishing you Good Luck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf