Author Topic: Gout  (Read 4483 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: Gout
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 15:31:27 PM »
The scientific answer is that Milk Thistle helps the liver to process toxins in the blood stream and gout is caused by uric acid crystals in the blood, the crystals are jaggedy in shape and get trapped in tight corners like your ankles and heels and which is why gout is so painful when you stand or walk.

Just why they prevent hangovers I've no idea but I can vouch (many times) that they work.  ;D

Offline Sus

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 12:16:15 PM »
I suffer from gout and use Naproxen to alleviate  the pain. Is it available (does anybody know) in Fethiye - or is it known by a different name. Want to stock up when back out to Calis.

Thanks

Some one I know cured himself of gout with two or three normal day foods, will check this out and post on here or pm you with what he did.

Offline bob 1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 18:57:37 PM »
i use naproxen  just take the box to the chemist they are very helpful

Offline maclarke1

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 21:36:41 PM »
Have ordered some Milk Thistle, will give anything a try as it's so painfull when attack happens. Had it in each of my knee joints, one after another last summer, could hardly walk. Made work as an electrician almost impossible at times.

Does anybody else have any remedies, I know a good diet and reducing alcohol helps, but that can be a struggle sometimes.

Offline philrose

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 06:21:42 AM »
Cherries are supposed to be very beneficial.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19746453

Offline Sus

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »
This is how someone cured his gout, and touch wood not had an attack for over two years now.

Fresh squeezed lemon juice in water drank during the morning, two lemons to one litre of water.

Breakfast,  any of these fruit cherries, pineapple, grapefruit, strawberries with fresh yogurt and a spoonful of rolled oats.

Bedtime  1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda in a glass of water.

He still drank alcohol, he cut down on red meat and ate more chicken.

He had the worst attack of gout in the first four weeks of starting this cure, but he was advised that he would have, but hey presto it worked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf