Author Topic: Mosquitos  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Maxidrans

• Newly Registered
Mosquitos
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »
Hi I have posted once before I wondered if you lovely people can help with a few questions  we will be arriving in calis on April 21 are Mosquitos a problem at this time also what is the weather generally like then I think it will be quite cold in the evening thanks

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Mosquitos
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
In April it is likely there will be some Mosquitos and it is a good idea to be prepared for this.

April weather can be a little unpredictable but if the sun is shining it will be warm enough in the day but expect for the temperature to drop in the evenings. There is the chill factor of the daytime breeze you get in Çaliş pleasant enough in the height of the season but may take the edge of the warmth early season.

The last couple of years it has been much warmer in the evenings at the beginning and end of season but cool or cold is the norm.

Offline The Gimp Master

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 23:04:09 PM »
can you reccmend a natural repellent

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 23:06:49 PM »
Avon 'Skin so Soft' is very good and smells nice or alternatively anything with Deet in it.  :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 23:10:04 PM »
Sinkov is readily available everywhere in Turkey, and is a liquid application which keeps the little  "barstewards" away, Not natural, but I don't know if there is a natural deterrent or not. I do know for a fact, that if one is allergic to the mozzy, just one bite can totally bollox one's entire holiday !!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 23:17:11 PM »
Addendum to above; When we lived full-time in Turkey, we had many visits from our very good friend (15 visits in 6 years !), I would get quite a few bites, as did my Darling Loz, but Paul NEVER, EVER got bitten once !! The only thing we could put it down to was the fact that Paul used Listerine Mouthwash very liberally, and we did not !! As the little darlings are attracted to their "prey" by carbon Dioxide from our breath, maybe that was the reason. Just saying, like.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 23:34:02 PM »
You would think farts would make a great "natural deterrent". As I only ever got bitten at the top of my ar5e, I can confirm this is not the case.

Offline The Gimp Master

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 07:11:20 AM »
i wouldn,t mind they can have my blood but for the love of gin and tonic strop making that buzzing noise

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthingswork/a/aa050503a.htm

Offline George Warner

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 08:07:45 AM »
Any one remember the home made mozzie trap?I think details of how to make it were shown on CBF but can't locate it

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »
It didn't work sadly!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf