Author Topic: Update on New Residency Permit to come into force today 11 April 2014!  (Read 8362 times)

Offline jsp51

Re: Update on New Residency Permit to come into force today 11 April 2014!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 13:37:37 PM »
Thınk you wıll fınd the answer ıs yes. New RP applıcatıons  wıll get the new card and when you renew your old resıdency you wıll be gıven the new card.
Is that "given" a new card or will you, as I suspect have to buy a new card?
[/quote]

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 17:00:11 PM »
Kevin, If things are as they quoted last year when this first raised its head, yes you will have apply in the UK.  Think you should hold fire until things become clearer but having said that people say it is almost impossible to get through to the Turkish Embassy by telephone and if they do appointments are way in the future.

Thanks Marggie,
It's all getting a bit close for us - Planning on 'emigrating' on 31st Oct and they say it will take 90 days to process residency in UK.
(Really really don't want to have to come back to UK to do it !!!!!!)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »

Update 16th April

http://www.yellali.com/news/article/58/turkish-residency-permit-2014-update

"The network of GDMM offices are not yet fully established and during the consolidation period, UK nationals should continue to apply for and renew their residence applications at the existing Turkish National Police (TNP) foreigners offices.

How do I apply for a residency permit in Turkey?

We recognise there are a number of outstanding questions about the operation of the new system which have been asked to the GDMM and we expect to learn more about these issues at an international briefing to be held by the GDMM on 16th April. The Ministry of the Interior website www.goc.gov.tr is currently being updated with new links, information and an English language option to be available soon.  Updates to follow"

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 18:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the update Nichola - keep us posted please   :)  :)  :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 19:31:01 PM »
I will do my best. A second person has confirmed something I was told yesterday by someone who does resident permits for people and that is that there is currently a freeze on applications!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 19:52:06 PM »
A friend of ours went on Monday to renew with a well known guide and the guide went to the Passport Police and the Police Station and came back and said "they have no information" other than "everything is on hold" - come back and check weekly"

Offline lissa

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 21:17:56 PM »
Yes, all on hold! There is a meeting being held as nobody understands the new legislation. They have said should be clear monday or tuesday. They did not say which monday or tuesday............... :D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 14:36:26 PM »
The latest update from the UK in Turkey Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ukinturkey?fref=ts

The briefing held yesterday by the General Directorate of Migration Management (GDMM) did not cover any specific details regarding the new application processes for residency permits. The focus was on the GDMM’s structure and policies and questions on such details were not answered by their officials.

We have today submitted detailed questions in writing to the GDMM about the process and await their reply.

Until the full network of GDMM offices are open later in the year a transition period will apply. During this time all applications will be taken by the local Foreigner’s Departments of the Turkish National Police (as before) and sent to Ankara for processing.

First time applicants for residence permits will be able to submit their applications in Turkey during this period.

We are aware of reports that some of Foreigner’s departments have been refusing to accept applications whilst they await further instruction from the GDMM in Ankara. However, we have been informed by the GDMM that applications should now be accepted at all TNP foreigners department offices.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 21:30:21 PM »
Really appreciate the updates Nichola.
I'm relieved I already have my residency but we are still to sort out Mr WB's and Miss WB's when we move over properly.

I'm concerned that I'll book their flights and they'll have to come back to do their applications, potentially missing most of the summer while it's processed.....or stay for their 90 days before they come back and miss our son's visit.

If they can just hold off on the changes until we've got their applications in, that'd be grand.....

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 14:53:09 PM »
It would appear unsurprisingly that the information being shared by UK in Turkey isn't quite the same as the reality.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/322164184471261/permalink/730856406935368/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf