Author Topic: Burglar Alarms  (Read 3247 times)

Offline thekeyclan

Burglar Alarms
« on: May 08, 2014, 15:17:27 PM »
Can anyone recommend someone who can both supply and fit a burglar alarm in Ovacik.
Also, any advice on whether it should be a wired or wireless system would be appreciated.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Burglar Alarms
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 17:07:35 PM »
I can tell you based on the experience of my system which is wireless and cost very little and the brand new wired system my mate had installed recently which cost an arm & a leg.

Mine works perfectly, his reacts to power failures and goes off almost every time the power fails.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 18:16:09 PM »
We bought an alarm a few years ago now, in B.&.Q. It's wireless and fits on the wall, you get a fob for your keyring and you click it to set the alarm when you go out. Anything breaking the beam and the alarm sounds and it's really loud.  It cost £20.00.  I know they still have them in B.&.Q.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 04:14:53 AM »
I installed this system (very easy) at our last villa, then moved it to our present villa so used it for 6 years no problems, purchased extra sensors etc. it is a great price in Screwfix at the moment.
Mark
http://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-premium-wireless-4-room-alarm-kit/54473

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 08:08:13 AM »
Thank you very much for your replies, a wireless system from the UK it will be!

Offline dizzy39

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »
I had an alarm system installed by Umut security. When it goes off it rings their central Office in Istanbul who then ring you if it goes off. If they don't reach you then they ring the police. when our house was broke into at New Year and they couldnt get an answer from us they immediately sent the police. Despite the cameras and other locks etc we had fitted it was this alarm which saved us  :) highly recommend it.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »
Two trains of thought here.  If you have a villa and only use it for holidays then the Burglars usually only want to break in when they know you are there as the villa will have a lot more to steal than when it's empty.  Burglar usually want cash, passports, jewellery.  A wireless system from the U.K. would fit the bill.
If you live in the area permanently, then there will always be stuff to steal in your home so, probably the system that rings you and the police if the alarm sounds is the best.   

Offline dizzy39

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
 :D he would have been highly disappointed in my case as even though I live here permantly never leave anything of value inside  :) good thing is also when you go to bed you can alarm certain areas so if they try and get in whilst you are sleeping it will ring

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
We have the same system here in the U.K. at our place installed by ADT.   We can switch off certain parts of the house or steadings.
We have a regular maintenance contract with ADT so they come up every 6 months and check the system out.
Best system for us here in the U.K. 
The one we took over to Turkey from B.&.Q. is ideal for our villa there.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 14:58:47 PM »
Are you close to HM Peterhead then ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf