Author Topic: Visiting Koca Calis this week...any help would be good.  (Read 10226 times)

Offline redgeandsue

• Newly Registered
Visiting Koca Calis this week...any help would be good.
« on: July 14, 2014, 19:13:49 PM »
Hello, normally stay in and around Ovacik but we have booked a villa in Koca Calis for 2 weeks and arrive this week.  Can anyone recommend some great places to eat in Koca and good bars to drink at, save us getting the dolmus into Calis, Fethiye, etc. and we would like to support the local businesses. Many thanks.....

Offline raygans

Re: Visiting Koca Calis this week...any help would be good.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 20:43:53 PM »
Hi,we stay at telmessos complex in Koca Calis and we sometimes go to the Meekan or Koca Calis beach bar which are both on the beach. The food and entertainment are both good value for money and there's sometimes entertainment there too. Hope you have a fab time.

Offline CHERYL HANCOCK

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 14:13:36 PM »
I agree the Mekan on the beech is excellent, you can lay on the free sun beds all day and get waiter service and then dine there in the evening, great food and wonderful sunset. Lovely staff ad always helpful and lovely and clean.  Mozzy bar for a drink in the evening and go and try the Defne pension, lovely family run pension with good home cooking by Mama, lovely pool to use as well. If not on menu just ask and they will oblige or get fish fresh in for you on another evening. 

Offline redgeandsue

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 17:49:24 PM »
Thanks for the info, I found the Defne pension on TripAdvisor and it sounds great, we shall definitely visit for dinner.  Also Mekan Restaurant is on Facebook and looks lovely....really looking forward to the trip now.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 18:37:42 PM »
If you go to the start of the prom at your end Oben restaurant is well worth a try.Great food .lovely staff ,restaurant has feelgood factor. spotless kitchen.If there is a problem tell Oben and it will be sorted. Before going home have a drink sitting on the comfy chairs and watch the world go by.Sure you will enjoy. Wish it was me.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:48:55 AM »
We also love Obens great food and they can't do enough for you. I think it is a family run restaurant.  We also love sipping cold wine in those comfy chairs watching a flow of people going to or coming from the beach. Lovely and cool there. Mmm . . :D

Offline angela

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 10:43:25 AM »
me too, love Obens, he does great coffee

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 15:18:44 PM »
Just before Oben you will find Guvens. We always have a couple if meals there and they never fail to deliver great food and service. Try their Turkish Stew or Ottoman Stew!

Also, next to Mekans is Koca Calis Beach Bar. You can also use their beds for free and the food was excellent when we were there in June.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 15:20:03 PM »
We also eat at Dephne and can recommend it. I would also try and get into Ciftlik village and eat at the local a Pide house.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 22:08:03 PM »
We have a villa in Koca Calis and often eat at The Angel Bar - also The Surf Cafe (beach club) is good.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf