Author Topic: long term rental wanted.  (Read 11604 times)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: long term rental wanted.
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 14:09:00 PM »
This may be the case in France

Jacqui I may be wrong but I suspect that Lorraine is in Turkey but has a her location as France as I cannot see the French putting up with a Mosque calling for prayer  ;)

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 16:13:08 PM »
Just a thought Slikmrs, but how about putting your apartment up for rental, (if you have problems selling) and join your neighbours in their business venture of holiday lets?  It would then give you an income towards renting a villa.  On the subject of villas in Calis towards Ciflik, my sister has property in that area.  The building going on on the other side of the canal there is vast, and there are plans to put a new mosque with all the attributes somewhere in that area, so be aware. However, if you rent, you can move on at a moment's notice if it becomes too crowded.

I would, however, encourage you to take a step back and a deep breath before you act.  The renters on your complex at the moment may only be there for a few more days, and (in my modest experience) most renters in the Fethiye area appear to be very considerate on the whole.   :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 16:28:18 PM »
Old nick, how I wish your prediction was right. We are into our 6th week,and booked until the end of the season.
This place is on market,and can't go quick enough for me,us renting is not an option.We are still undecided if it's renting or a return to UK.
Thank you anyway for your kind post. It's appreciated.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 17:40:26 PM »
Please do as others have suggested and take your time over your decision, whatever it may end up being. As I said we had a knee jerk reaction, no way were we going to spend another summer in our apartment. Going and renting gave us a breathing space to think. We decided that on the whole we could afford a much better lifestyle here than back in England, so we stayed. We'd sold everything there so had nowhere to go to anyway.

We didn't want to leave the apartment empty or rent it out (a minefield in my opinion) so we were overjoyed to sell. Offloaded a lot of problems - cause there are others living here but lets not go there.

If you can move out to something you are happy renting and be realistic about your asking price then you shouldn't go far wrong. Cenk will sort you.

There are more full time expats in the Calis area and more going on in the winter months.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 18:16:55 PM »
Yes, thanks everyone, alot of food for thought. We are putting the scenario to our children,who are concerned and want us to return. We hopefully will sell quickly and make a decision then.
Such is life and whatever will be will be, if it all goes pear shape at least we had a year off and met some lovely people  ;D

Offline patrice

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 19:11:11 PM »
 Slikmrs such a shame the way things have turned out for you. I use to read your posts that were so full of enthusiasm and excitement  when you were looking forward to the move to Turkey  so  good luck with what ever decision you make .

Offline Lotty

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 19:49:09 PM »
I think we all really feel for you Slikmrs, having followed your early excited posts through various worries and problems. It was great to read. I hope that now you make the right decision for you. Your experience has reinforced our opinion that it's best to rent out your UK home, therefore creating an income and then rent in Turkey for a while in the areas you might have chosen, for at least 6 months (each, if more than one). If you hated it you could just move on elsewhere or go back to UK without the problem of selling. If you stay and love it you have a great idea of the ideal place for you. Whatever you decide, your adventure continues and you have given people food for thought.    :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 21:35:47 PM »
You know what, whatever we decide i,ll never regret our decision to have at least tried. It,s been a roller coaster of emotions,a brilliant opportunity that not everyone is lucky enough to experience. I hope that I have at least paved the way for future visitors/expats and given them an insight into what awaits them and what to avoid. Mostly we have had  a good old giggle and just a few tears along the way.
Onward and upward and thanks for the support xBerniex

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 22:43:53 PM »
Life is all about experiences, some have many and some live their life in the same house and have the same weekly routine for their entire lives. I regret a few things and wish others had turned out better but I in no way regret moving to Turkey. Or moving back when we did. If you were to return to the UK, you'll view it far more favourably than you did the day you left it, and that in itself is a gift.

As my good lady would tell you, life can be frustrating, difficult at times perhaps but never ever dull - whatever the future holds, all experiences good and bad make you stronger  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf