Author Topic: Phone Bill/Elec Bill  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Sharon

Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« on: July 13, 2005, 09:09:01 AM »
Hi All

Just wanted to check how the phone bill situation works here.  We have had a phone and ADSL for about 6 weeks now but have still not received any bills.  Are we supposd to just go into the telephone office or do they send out bills?  We also have not had an electricity bill since we moved in which has been around 8 weeks.  We have been to the electric place with our metre number but they told us there is nothing to pay.  That seems odd too.  

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sharon

Offline doll

Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 09:20:06 AM »
 8)i take it you posted your address in when you registed with telecom you could just go in and take your paper work with you and cash we have our bill every month for phone and then sdsl regular as clockwork,you could go in the ppt office with turkish friend with address to your house maybe directions this could be the problem. :-\

Offline Sharon

Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 10:01:50 AM »
Thanks Doll

You are probably right as there has been much confusion about what address we live at as it is a new villa, although they did find us when they wanted to install the telephone line and ADSL.  Who knows though in Turkey.  At our last address they advisd us in writing that they could not install a phone line as they didnt have the correct adress.  The post man found us OK  [:o)][:o)][:o)]

We'll pop down with our paperwork.  Thanks again

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 13:13:44 PM »
You should get a bill in the post. If you don't, you'll know when your phone bill is overdue for payment as you'll get a recorded message on the line and you won't be able to make calls. Within 24 hours of you paying the bill, you'll usually be reconnected. They don't charge you extra for this, unlike BT.

Offline What

Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 14:00:30 PM »
The easiest way is to set-up a Direct Debit with a local bank. You will then get the bill with a stamp showing it has been paid.
ADSL and phone is billed separately for some reason. It took them 6 weeks to send my bill for ADSL (after connection) and then they cut me off within 2 days of me getting the bill as I had not paid! I went down with a wad of cash and was back on the next morning. At least there was no problem about reconnecting - it seemed fairly routine.
Once the billing/payment system is in place it seems to work without fuss.

Offline cenk

Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 14:42:56 PM »
Hi
Sometimes ADSL bills are coming late and if they cut it because of unpaid bills , I heard it will take sometime to make it opened again unlike telephone lines.
Best way is to go to Telecom regularly with customer number(it is written in the contract) or an old bill and to pay it.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 05:24:33 AM »
Have had no problems yet with my Telecom bills but just in case where is the Telecom building....is it in the opposite direction at the traffic lights to the Tax Office[?]

Offline doll

Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 12:36:01 PM »
tribalelder
the telecom office is now signposted
when you come to lights at maliye offices(tax office)
turn left(sol) turn left again at petrol station on the right its just after the junctionon the left side of road
hope this helps

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 16:51:52 PM »
the above direction only apply if you are traveling from Calis,

Offline doll

Phone Bill/Elec Bill
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 17:38:49 PM »
sorry folks
directions are from calis to fethiye