Author Topic: Vatan customer service - or lack of!  (Read 10136 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Vatan customer service - or lack of!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 23:47:13 PM »
Great attitude they have.

Hope it works out for you, Mel.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 20:30:14 PM »
I've never had a bad experience in Vatan & I have used them a lot, until today.

I went to buy two 16GB memory sticks, on the rack they were priced at 29.70tl each but when I went to the till I was told they were 32.50tl each.
I questioned this and took the assistant to the rack whereupon he informed me that the price on the rack was different because the USD exchange rate had changed since the price label was printed!

Whereupon I told him I was buying it in Turkey with Turkish Lira, not from the USA in Dollars, he simply shrugged his shoulders and said that was the price.

I politely to him where to put them.

I then went to TeknoSA and purchased exactly the same make 16GB sticks and (because they were on offer) at only 14.90tl each!

Thanks Vatan!!   :o  ;D  8)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 21:41:00 PM »

Well done Hamlet and thanks for the heads up.       PS.  why were you polite.       ???    ;)  ;)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 06:23:49 AM »
Pointless being too annoyed with the sales assistants, they can't do anything about the way these large companies are run, I did put my point over clearly though, maybe the management will listen when less sales are being made  ???

Offline mel binks

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 14:27:29 PM »
Just an update as we have just had our third court appearance over the new tv which we purchased which was broken. Vatan's solicitor did not turn up yet again! Way back in July we were told that the court would not accept any excuses from them for not turning up the next time. However, the courts broke up for summer recess and we were not given another date until September. Today we have just spent an hour and a half waiting around and when called in the judge because of yet another no show, gave us the choice of cancelling the case or if we wished to proceed being faced with all the court fees. We had been hopeful that even in the event of a no show that a judgement would be made in our favour, but were told that another date would be made and that if their solicitor were to come down from Istanbul we would face costs of flights and hotels etc. Although, it is a matter of principal and fairness we have cancelled the case and put it down to a costly experience. Even if we had decided to carry on, we could be faced with endless court appearances and no shows, or if it were to actually come to court Vatan would pay and would not have to worry about how much it would cost. As KKOB said back in January 'I think you''re on a hiding to nothing. Swallow your pride. Mark it down to experience.' It certainly makes you realise how things operate so differently in different countries.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 14:42:04 PM »
if we wished to proceed being faced with all the court fees. We had been hopeful that even in the event of a no show that a judgement would be made in our favour, but were told that another date would be made and that if their solicitor were to come down from Istanbul we would face costs of flights and hotels etc.

Surely that was only if you ultimately lost the case?

JF

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 22:03:52 PM »
sorry to hear your story next time go to bekir at erin spot  a real gent you would not have had any problems

Offline mel binks

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 07:51:44 AM »
You cannot assume that things are the same as in the UK. We've already incurred costs and it's a chance to take as to whether you would ultimately win, and even then as to whether you would get all your costs back. We were advised as it was only the price of a TV to let it drop :(

On another note, way back we went to EvKur in Fethiye and bought a new TV. Our experience couldn't have been more different. They were so helpful, even phoning and arranging the installation from LG etc. I just wonder whether Vatan have changed their sales policy because we would be very reluctant to go back or advise anyone else to shop there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf