Author Topic: Rosemary  (Read 9725 times)

Offline sadler

Rosemary
« on: June 09, 2015, 18:36:05 PM »
Situated between the Oceana Bar and the dress shop on the main drift. We have been here twice now, after a recommendation from friends. Lovely food, slightly different from the general ones, no chips, rice and salad. Have been really pleased both times and would thoroughly recommend. Very competitive prices also.  :)

Offline Clioman2

Re: Rosemary
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 17:52:43 PM »
also have to recommend the Rosemary. The four of us had a variety of dishes and all were well presented, properly cooked and served whilst still hot. Just sorry we went towards the end of our holiday rather than the start. The chef there takes rather more care than the average Calis chef and is to be commended for it. The man on the next table ordered fillet steak and when it came it actually was a fillet steak and looked very nice. We're going back to Calis in September and will be spending a few evenings there..

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 18:01:37 PM »
"The chef there takes rather more care than the average Calis chef and is to be commended for it."

---------------
Clioman, can you quantify that statement please, because I don 't know what care the average Calis Chef takes ??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 18:13:54 PM »

no chips, rice and salad

I doubt that will take off in Calis  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 20:30:02 PM »
Actually, Scunner, we watched with interest this restaurant during our month stay and we're pleased to note that it appeared to be full every night we passed. We ate there four times during our stay and were more than happy with our choices. It is almost "fine dining" and nearly as good as some of the best dining places in England. Obviously it would not meet Scotland's best! Very different to the majority of the eateries in Calis and worthy of high praise I M H O !!!  ;D ;D ;D  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 20:41:33 PM »
"The chef there takes rather more care than the average Calis chef and is to be commended for it."

---------------
Clioman, can you quantify that statement please, because I don 't know what care the average Calis Chef takes ??

Quite straightforward to me....

Across the various restaurants in Calis there is an average standard of cooking and presentation and the chef at Rosemary takes care to be better than average.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 21:44:00 PM »

---------------

Have another glass of wine Your Maj and don't overtax the braincell.  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 22:08:33 PM »
Why does the Chef take more care??  because the fillet steak was fillet steak?   
Do the other Chef's in Calis not take care because their fillet steak is sirloin. ?
The Rosemary Chef must have been to Spec Savers. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 22:16:54 PM »
Jacqui - can I respectfully ask you to read Clioman2's post again which read

"The four of us had a variety of dishes and all were well presented, properly cooked and served whilst still hot...... The chef there takes rather more care than the average Calis chef and is to be commended for it."

I read his next comment re steaks to be a separate comment.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 22:26:32 PM »
John, lets just ask Clioman, do not worry yourself to be a moderator in this discussion.  i feel that the Chefs do very well in Calis and could not find fault in the ones we regularly eat at.  The food is always well presented and served hot.  Perhaps you have had badly presented cold meals.  I cannot say we have.  Perhaps Clioman will say where these cold badly presented meals were served.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf