Author Topic: Rosemary  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Rosemary
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 22:41:51 PM »
Jacqui

I posted a comment in this thread as I believe I am entitled to do, as indeed you are. How you can consider that as moderation is entirely beyond me.

Please show me where I said that I have had badly presented meals and where Clioman2 said he had "cold badly presented meals".

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 23:04:52 PM by Highlander »

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 06:08:56 AM »
John, lets just ask Clioman, do not worry yourself to be a moderator in this discussion.  i feel that the Chefs do very well in Calis and could not find fault in the ones we regularly eat at.  The food is always well presented and served hot.  Perhaps you have had badly presented cold meals.  I cannot say we have.  Perhaps Clioman will say where these cold badly presented meals were served.

Jacqui, to clarify. The chef at the Rosemary presents food to a standard higher than the average Calis chef; more like a restaurant in Britain. The arrangement of the food and garnishes on the plate is definitely a cut above the norm for Calis which is similar to what one might do at home. As regards cold food,  the Mangal took well over an hour to present simple dishes (mainly chicken) which were so cold that a skin had formed on my garlic sauce. The Brothers served a lamb shank that was dried out and cracked open, and the Serkul 2 provided lamb chops that were predominantly gristle. We have been coming to and dining in Calis since 1996 and I can say that the Rosemary provides food of a higher quality( not just appearance) than that which is generally available.
Highlander, thanks for the support, I was only trying to point people to a good restaurant.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:01:21 AM by Clioman2 »

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 07:05:07 AM »
See the UK forum are having an arguement amongst themselves now, I feel great been left alone for awhile.  ;)  :)by the way Rosemary,s serve excellent food, I M O.  :)

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
Great to read there is a restaurant that  takes a different approach to food!   :)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 08:08:39 AM »
Sounds like a nice restaurant to visit

Offline dycedon

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »
We ate there three times last month, friends were across a couple of weeks ago and they ate there four times, speaks volumes, good food, good service, and the staff are friendly, if you frequented the Orient you will recognise most of the staff, well worth a visit.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »
Clioman,  The three restaurants you mention.. Mangal, never been, never fancied it and took note of reviews a few years ago). The Brothers, great recommendation on this Forum, ate there last month, meal O.K. but nothing startling.  Serkul 2. Had lunch once, put off by waiter picking his nose, never went back.
However, have eaten at  many restaurants in Calis  just a few I would give top marks to for food and service. The Calis Beach Restaurant,  Casa De Mama, Bella Mama, The Nil Bar, Meeting Point and of course Georges, where we have eaten now for 10 years and it is consistantly good, great professional service, always cloth napkins (which I love a sign of a good restaurant)  always excellent food, never had a bad meal there.  They have had the same Chef, Hussain, for 7 years and we know him well and often compliement him on our meal.  So, IMHO I would say a lot of Restaurants in Calis give the same service you have received in Rosemary.
However, we will try Rosemary in September and get back with our review then, but we will not be judging it by the steak. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 10:12:24 AM »
Cloth napkins - a sign of a good restaurant????  You can't have eaten in a Holiday Inn.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »
Cloth napkins - a sign of a good restaurant????  You can't have eaten in a Holiday Inn.

Yes I have, say there quite a lot when we have a night out in Aberdeen.
  I like cloth napkins and always find that all the fine dinning restaurants have cloth napkins.  Waiters will always put a napkin on your lap before you eat.   

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 13:59:23 PM »
Cloth napkins !! All the fine dinning restaurants have cloth napkins.

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! Classic !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf