Author Topic: Non-holiday letting needed  (Read 6511 times)

Offline johntaylor49

Non-holiday letting needed
« on: September 22, 2015, 16:17:52 PM »
Looking for a furnished apartment/villa for minimum 1 month in December, possible December to April, (cannot confirm how long until have returned to UK and assessed Family member health). Currently looking to return to Calis 8th December.

JT

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Non-holiday letting needed
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 16:27:52 PM »
I know of a 2 bed furnished apartment that would be available. I'll contact the owner & pm detail to you

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 10:36:40 AM »
Many thanks Liz, Calis or Fethiye would suit us! Am told Kargozler a bit cool and dark in winter but .....??

John

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »
Karagozler is definitely very cold even in October. Mind you we had a traditional old house built into the rock. Better off around the other side of the bay that gets plenty of sunshine to warm the property. We used to take our books and sit outside the bars there to get warm! Rainbow Properties often have places to rent all around that area. www.rainbowpropertyrentals.com  :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 15:04:11 PM »
We know someone who has just bought 4 apartments in this area an is going to let three of them, so, if you are interested, I could let her know? 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 15:56:02 PM »
Karagozler is definitely very cold even in October.

That's odd, when the kids were still at school we were there regularly in mid/late October and would never have described it as "cold".  In fact, other than one year of horrendous weather, its still pleasant on the terrace at that time of year.  Not sure where you were, but we are in Ikinci Karagozler, just up from the Ata Park hotel.

When I was working in Istanbul I'd regularly stay there over the Winter months, can't say I ever had much of an issue with cold or damp.  Then again, the downstairs neighbours soba does act like underfloor heating  :)

JF

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 17:03:00 PM »
John, have pm'ed you

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 20:22:03 PM »
It was late October up to mid November, but we had no sun on the balcony at all and being a very old building it was built to keep the heat out. Same thing early in the year, late March early April when we'd go out. Not just me, OH also felt too chilly. No heating except for small heaters. None below us! On the other hand it was lovely and comfortable during the hot months. We loved it and kept it on for 3 years.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 14:13:25 PM »
Hi John we have Apartment for rent until March/April. 2bed ground floor with terrace 7 min walk to Calis center. If interested message me and I can send some pics.

Offline Jo Tomkinson

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 21:58:05 PM »
We have a 3 bed villa in Kica Calis whuch is available from December through to end April.  Message me, if interested.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf