Author Topic: EU Vote Result - we're out!!  (Read 13213 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
EU Vote Result - we're out!!
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:39:03 AM »
Well I told you that we would vote out.  I also told you where the 'tipping' votes for out would come from.  Working class, traditional or ex Labour voters, and those people who felt they'd had enough of an out of touch political (particularly Labour) elite.  I told you that the pollsters would get it wrong, and indeed that so would the bookies too!  Did I read it better than the pollsters and political elite... you bet your life I did!

Some people attacked me for saying that Farage and UKIP would carry the vote in Labour areas, and said that I must be a UKIPER or worst still a racist by association.  I said that the official out campaign lead by Johnson and Gove et al would not carry any weight with those important voters I described above.  In the main these voters came to their decision themselves, based on their own, their families, and their community's experience of EU failure and lack of national and democratic control, all underpinned by this and the previous governments large doses of austerity for these people, their families and communities.  It was as my good friend John Mann MP said there was a different conversation going on in these families and communities, across the tea table or at work, rather than the dinner tables of the metropolitan political elite.

Shame on those for peddling the establishment 'project fear' line here and other places, and in particular shame on the Labour side who lined themselves directly with the Tory fearsters and austerity peddlers .... yes that's you Blair, Kinnock, Brown and in particular Alistair Darling.

I watched and listened all through the night as the votes came in, and it was one of the best nights I have had in a long time.  Am I happy?  You bet your life I am.  It felt so good this morning that I celebrated by raiding the Custard Cream reserve this morning with my coffee and gobbled down five in quick successions.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: EU Vote Result - we're out!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:58:32 AM »
Bristol voted 38% Leave and 62% Remain. Unfortunately the rest of England went bonkers. I wonder if we can become part of Scotland and join with them in voting to leave the UK and apply to join the EU. £ has hit 30 year low and bad times are coming.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:06:36 AM »
I think the one thing that really annoyed me during the run up to this elections was all the people who know nothing of what will happen in the future, had all become clairvoyants and tried to ram doom and gloom down everyone's necks.  I personally, was sick of all the postings to say IN on Social Media and particularly from Brits who have lived in Turkey for a very long time and sit in their homes abroad telling me how to vote in the U.K. 

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »
I think the one thing that really annoyed me during the run up to this elections was all the people who know nothing of what will happen in the future, had all become clairvoyants and tried to ram doom and gloom down everyone's necks.  I personally, was sick of all the postings to say IN on Social Media and particularly from Brits who have lived in Turkey for a very long time and sit in their homes abroad telling me how to vote in the U.K. 
I know exactly what you mean Jacqui, I too get fed up of people who sit in their UK homes coming on here and posting how people who live here should act, behave, eat in their choice restaurants, what shops to use, etc. by the way if I was living in the UK I would have voted to stay in, I really think the economy and jobs, and small business will suffer.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »
Bristol voted 38% Leave and 62% Remain. Unfortunately the rest of England went bonkers. I wonder if we can become part of Scotland and join with them in voting to leave the UK and apply to join the EU. £ has hit 30 year low and bad times are coming.
I don't normally agree with much Colwyn says on here, but for once I am 100% with him, I often have a jibe at the Jocks, but today I address them as Scots and congratulate them on their knowledge of the seriousness of the vote. more than can be said for the English I believe, just hope we don't see them in the bars in the next 24 hrs chanting INGERLAND!!! INGERLAND!!! INGERLAND!!!    ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:10 AM »
Nicola Sturgeon wanted an OUT vote.  She will now campaign for another Independence Vote in Scotland.
However, by the time that may happen there will probably be no E.U let as reports on T.V this morning say that a lot of people in the E.U countries want out and Britian leaving could open the flood gates.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »
The decision has been made. 
Right or wrong we now have to work at setting our country on the right road.
No amount of bickering, scaremongering or hysteria will help us now.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 10:26:01 AM »
The point of a non resident vote I think is this.

The vote will have an effect on for example the NHS. It may be effect A or effect B.

Whichever it is, A or B it will not impact on the non resident on a daily basis.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 10:38:58 AM »
Well UBT, that'll go down in CBF history as the longest "I told you so".   ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:24 AM »
I wonder if we can become part of Scotland and join with them in voting to leave the UK and apply to join the EU.

Let me have a word with Ms Sturgeon, maybe we could look at Bristol being granted Protectorate status as part of the Republic of Scotland.  Bear in mind though, you'd probably have to kiss her ring...

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf