Author Topic: So?  (Read 8868 times)

Offline WillNewby

• Newly Registered
So?
« on: April 15, 2017, 00:46:41 AM »
So, we have been looking at a 3 bed ground floor apartment on the internet site in a Sokak in Tuzla.

Can any of you folks tell me/us about this area?

I guess what we are really worried about is whether or not it is a good move now to buy there or in Fethiye area now.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: So?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:18:36 AM »
One man's Tuzla....

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 09:30:08 AM »
Is this for a permanent move or to buy a holiday home?

Offline WillNewby

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 10:11:39 AM »
We are looking to buy, 3 long visits this year, will have hopefully bought by end of third. Then nexte year decide where we retire, UK or Turkey.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »
Tuzla is a very Turkish working class area. A good m2/£ for sure but one of the areas a Turkish friend told me the locals can't quite understand why some Brits buy there, as Turks spend their lives trying to get out of there  :)

Others may disagree but it certainly wouldn't be a place I'd buy in.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »
Tuzla has actually improved over the years and due to the new promenade is actually close to the new developments

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
I guess what we are really worried about is whether or not it is a good move now to buy there or in Fethiye area now.

If you're going to buy anywhere in Turkey just now then the Fethiye area is probably better than many - it has a long standing population of foreigners who live there all year round and, on the surface, appears to be less affected by (political) developments happening in other parts of Turkey.

That said, it may be an idea to see how things pan out over the next wee while after Sunday's referendum before committing to a purchase.  Your plan of having three long visits should hopefully be a long enough time for things to settle down, or not, whatever the case may be.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »
We have a holiday place in Calis, it is lovely, but we would not want to retire there now.  The Political situation in our opinion is getting very depressing.  In fact, if things go on the way they are, we may consider selling.
If you do decide,to move out to Fethiye, do not burn your boats in the U.K keep somewhere to return to if you decide to come back.  We have seen quite a few people move out and then return after a few years.
Also, come out for a full Winter and see how you feel then and  think about how you will fill your days.  : :)

Offline daveG

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 12:03:50 PM »
Have had a home here since 2004. It is a large area and includes the fethiyespor football stadium right over Adnan Menderes Blvd to Itfyre (Fire Stn) and beyond.
For us it has the advantage of a 5min walk to dolmush services (Fethiye/Calis/Uzumlu/Gocek/Dalaman/Otacka/Dalyan etc and only a 10min walk to Otogar (Main coach stn)and Erasta mall., and 20 mins to Bogaci rest etc on prom. Consequently we do not feel the need to run a car from here.
All our neighbours are Turkish (non speaking English) and  very generous, constantly bringing us food and many invites to weddings.
It's lovely to be greeted when just walking down the street. You do not feel cut off from the community and it gives of a safe feeling, particularly when you are getting older.A smile and a few words of Turkish goes a long way.
Around us there has never been a property not being sold quickly or in fact rental properties go just as quick, often bought/sold/rented by locals wanting to stay in family locations.
This is still an affordable area but do not get the idea that you will make a lot of money on re-sale.
I would suggest renting first and get a feel for whatever area you ultimately choose.

Although you are looking to buy I would suggest renting first, get a feel for any area that you are looking at.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 15:02:00 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful location, so friendly and so well placed for all amenities. Wow Jackpot!  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf