Author Topic: Prices seem to be good for houses in Kaya  (Read 8201 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Prices seem to be good for houses in Kaya
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 20:55:24 PM »
Bernie, We love Kaya, it is so beautiful and would love to have a villa there with land around it and no neighbours. Possibly because we live in Scotland with land and neighbours a long way away. 
It seems that Kaya must have the highest prices in the area and obviously is the place lots of people would love to live.
If the Political situation in Turkey was not the way it is, I think we would seriously think about a move to Kaya.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 21:25:26 PM »
Bernie, We love Kaya, it is so beautiful and would love to have a villa there with land around it and no neighbours.

You'd be hard pressed to find anywhere in Kaya without neighbours more than 150 yards away.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 23:11:17 PM »
Possibly because we live in Scotland with land and neighbours a long way away. 

How close to your property has another property to be before you classify it's inhabitants to be neighbours.

We live in an end terrace and are very grateful to have our neighbours closeby.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 10:21:52 AM »
I was brought up in a terraced street in Liverpool with lots of neighbours who were good friends.   When first we married we lived in terraced council house in Scotland.
So I have experienced  both ends of the spectrum. 
Countryside life is for us there is no shame in that and it is not a crime to like the space and freedom and we are  friends with our neighbours who may not live next door but this makes no difference, in the countryside you still have good neighbours that live a third of a mile away and you are always glad to have them.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 15:00:27 PM »
Just got back from Turkey and stayed in a 1 bed small stone cottage in Kinali just past Kaya with a small plunge pool it was idyllic , would much rather have that in Kaya than a large villa up the road in Ovacik on a complex.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 16:15:36 PM »
We were also told that foreigners were not really allowed to buy in Kaya. This was about 2002.We bought in Ovacik and Koycegiz instead and every now and then rumours start about laws changing for foreigners and not being allowed to own property in certain areas. I do like Kaya but it does seem prone to flooding in the winter. I do like to have street lights at night as it makes me feel safer and even though I may like a place during the daylight hours,at night it is a different matter. 

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 16:53:16 PM »
We bought land and had a house built in Kaya in 2003/4. There wasn't any restriction on land or property purchase for foreigners that we were made aware of.

There is flooding in the valley in winter. Parts of our land are under a metre of water for up to 3 months and we sometimes have water covering the terrace and lapping at the steps to the house. However, the house was built on a "raft" of concrete and is at least another metre above the highest recorded water levels.

We enjoyed the lack of street lighting. It made the night sky so much clearer and the stars were so much easier to see as there was very little light pollution.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 17:52:20 PM »
I agree with you about the lovely starry nights with a huge moon shining down. One of the loveliest things about Turkey. I love seeing it shining above Babadag and a bit of Turkish music in the distance. Having a light outside the house and a few street lights is just a personal preference for me at night though.I like the things in Kaya that show the way the people used to live in a farming community. Lovely place.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 18:01:06 PM by Fabian »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf