Author Topic: New member  (Read 1278 times)

Offline onefortheroad

« on: August 29, 2005, 23:41:36 PM »
Hi all

Have recently returned from first visit to calis,
Turkey.  I'm still trying to figure out what happened, after years of going abroad by day 10/11 my body's still on holiday but my head's back home. Stayed at the Golden Moon Hotel which was brilliant and the staff were superb.  After a couple of days it became apparent that a good 80% of holidaymakers were on their 6/7th visit to the same hotel, how sad I thought, with the whole world to see, Why?  However by the middle of the second week I began to realise that I could easliy be in danger of becoming one of them.  By the time I boarded the flight to come home I knew it was too late. For the first time ever I found myself looking at the clock back home thinking we would be on the sea front now eating dinner or sitting at the pool bar relaxing and chatting. I had such a lovely time and met such lovely people(both Turkish and British) that I'm almost afraid to go back in case it won't be the same.  I don't know what it was about that place but I wish we would bottle it and let everyone sample it.Maybe there is such a thing as magic in the air! :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 00:12:26 AM »
Hi Jackie
Welcome to the forum. We are so glad that you enjoyed your first visit to Calis and apparently got bitten by the bug. After 2 holidays in Icmeler we spent one day in Calis and bought an apartment (admittedly after a fair bit of internet research).
However you are right about one thing - in Calis "there's magic in the air".  
All the best
Ken & Sue
p.s. Love your log in name. Please tell us how you got it in a topic later on the forum.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 00:13:55 AM by kenkay »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 00:57:54 AM »
Hi Onefortheroad
Welcome to the forum.  Glad to hear you enjoyed your first visit to Calis but I bet it won't be your last.
Anne

Offline Ammo

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 06:42:28 AM »
Hi onefortheroad
welcome to the forum ,we only visited once then flew back out in febuary and brought a villa "it is magic in the air"
Ammo

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 14:31:12 PM »
greetings onefortheroad,and welcome to the forum i see you have been bitten by the calis bug,it was my first time last year and we ended up buying a house

Offline raff

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 16:57:43 PM »
Hi One for the road,
welcome to the Calis fan club! We stayed at the Golden Moon Hotel in May last year and ended up actually buying an apartment in one of the blocks right behind the Golden Moon - we could actually see it from the hotel balcony. We still use the pool and bar at the Golden Moon - Mete said we were welcome to use it whenever we want - its a great hotel and the staff are excellent.
Brian & Chris

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 19:25:02 PM »
Hi there Onefor- sounds like you've been bitten by the same bug as most of us on here. There is no cure I'm afraid and the condition will worsen over time. We had been going for 15 years and 'rushed' into buying our place last year- yes we are impulsive!
I'm afraid the only advice I can give is to up the dosage of Calis-itis and keep going back for more , this may help your symptoms!

Offline doll

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 15:17:16 PM »
they are are correct onefor the road

there is no known cure.you will just have to keep coming back untill you'r cured.

Offline kanga

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 13:04:03 PM »
a warm welcome to the forum ,sorry its a belated one but we have been in calis for 7 weeks and no computer,just sun efes and fun

kanga
see you next year lol

Offline Tonya

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 13:05:39 PM »
Kanga! You only need post it once mate not on every thread, that Turkish sun has gone to your head lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf