Author Topic: Amintas Market  (Read 2530 times)

Offline swindsor

Amintas Market
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:37:22 PM »
During our holiday this year in August, I picked up two English newspapers off the rack outside the "Amintas Market" and went inside to pay.  One newspaper was 10 lira and the other one was 9.50 lira.   I went inside the shop and the lady behind the counter asked if I wanted coke or water.  I said that I didn't and put the two newspapers on the counter to pay.   She said "25 lira".   I pointed out that it was 19.50 lira, showing her the price on the front of the newspapers.   She said "No - 25 lira".   I refused to buy them and left the shop.   I walked along the prom and went in the first supermarket I came to and bought the same two newspapers for 19.50 lira. 

Afterwards, I told my dad about this and he told me she had done the same to him the previous year.  Like me, he refused to pay.

The shop is on the main road, to the left, exiting the prom at Oben's end.   

I suppose if I had bought various other items, like she offered, I may not have noticed.  I know it's only approximately 5.50 lira or £1.25 but it's wrong.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Amintas Market
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 13:25:34 PM »
Agreed. I won't go there having read this. Shame though, I'm sure it used to be run by a really good chap years ago.

Offline eagles

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 14:37:54 PM »
We will only buy a paper if we have the exact money as she doesn't give change - we treat it as sport now!

Offline Ally B

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 14:38:29 PM »
Thats the first shop on the right on the road heading towards the charity shop. They have been cheating people for years. The market on the other side of the road is much better and your custom is appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf