Author Topic: Electric scooters  (Read 12000 times)

Offline Phil

Re: Electric scooters
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 16:53:36 PM »
Which users got fined ?? Motor Bikes?? Electric Bikes ?? or Pedal Cycles ??

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 16:56:57 PM »
Excellent let`s hope they continue to fine everyone , then we can have a nice safe walk along the prom !!

Offline cenk

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 21:33:07 PM »
Four people fined yesterday.
Good news. Hope it goes on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 22:33:30 PM »
Yes Cenk - me too.

Offline Stan

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »
Hi all , not posted for ages :-)  So can you use a rented scooter/trike on the prom if genuinely disabled? 

Offline steve the bike

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 16:40:58 PM »
It's a great shame that the many are being punished for the few that do cause a problem, we have been in Calis since 2005 and have enjoyed countless cycle rides along the prom on our tandem with no problems at all. Please do not paint all cyclists with the same brush, perhaps a warden to stop and fine people that do ride without consideration for others would be better than a total ban so people can enjoy the Calis that we all have over the years and for many more to come.   

Offline Steve A

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 18:20:15 PM »
I think the bottom line on this is if genuinely disabled riding a disability/mobility scooter which does max speed of 8mph there is no problem.Anything else is not allowed.
Whilst it is lovely to cycle along the prom as we have done many times ,it is no longer permissible.Therefore people can get off their bikes and push them for this short distance which we did recently.It is not a hardship,there is a fantastic dedicated cycle path locally which still allows amazing views.The warden idea is not good,this is a footpath not a road,it is illegal to ride a pedal cycle on a footpath in the U.K. so shouldn’t be an issue here.It is like ignoring a one way or no entry sign which you just would not do.

Offline Christie

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 19:06:43 PM »
Totally agree with Steve A comments.  Whilst we were there recently we had to treat the promenade as a road,  as we had cycles, electric scooters, normal motor scooters,  plus those dopey small scooter type things.  Nearly got hit twice,  simply because we moved slightly to look at a menu.  People drive/cycle along the prom at speed, it is dangerous and according to the FOUR signs where you enter the prom advising all of this is banned.   There is a road running along the back of all the restaurants,  so really there is no need for cycles,  electric cycles etc to be on the prom, other, of course,  from people with disabilities who need this transport.  Wish people would have more respect.

Offline davybill

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
Yes and it's the disabled that  have to Suffer for it,

Offline cenk

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 10:04:52 AM »
I saw zabıta stopped a family with 3 electric scooters and warned them last night. But I also saw a couple riding in a mad way, very fast and slaloming among walking people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf