Author Topic: Vegetables  (Read 8489 times)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Vegetables
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2019, 15:05:25 PM »
I agree, Scunner.
The first time we came to Calis, we went to the market in Fethiye.  Examining something on a stall, I saw a family behind the stall having lunch.  They invited me to join them, pulled up another oil drum for me, and gave me a bowl of green bean casserole, some lovely thick creamy yogurt, and fresh bread.
One of the best meals I’ve ever had in Turkey;  I can still remember it now after fifteen years, that and the lovely, generous, hospitable family who gave it to me.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2019, 18:58:35 PM »
Agreed Keith
I can happily eat veggie meals when we're visiting but automatically reach for the meat as soon as we're home
Green bean casserole is also one of my favourites Lyndsay and so easy to make too

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2019, 19:33:31 PM »
I think my favourite is either a cheese/tomato pide, the red chilli meze that I can never remember the name of, or the amazing mashy courgette dish you sometimes get on the boat trips. There was a time when even the thought of eating courgette was too much to bear.

Offline Phil

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »
My number 2 son, a keen cook and kitchen destroyer, for reasons of conscience and health decided to attempt some veggie cooking.

After a few failed attempts with nuts etc (which even the birds rejected) he turned to the Jamie Oliver “meat free” recipes.

He reported that the cottage pie recipe (involving among other things celeriac, swedes, carrots and marmite) was quite a success and he would be trying it again – but maybe with a few tweeks.

Last night he told me he had cooked it again and it was even better this time as he had added a few extra ingredients.

“What did you add ? “ I asked.

“Some meat.” was his reply.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2019, 09:40:31 AM »
the red chilli meze that I can never remember the name of,

Antep ezme ?

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 09:57:55 AM »
I have a son, daughter and daughter in law, who are respectively vegan and vegetarian.
Over time, I’ve tried many vegan recipes for family get togethers, and found them all absolutely delicious;  no fake meat, just veg, lentils, chickpeas, rice, nuts and pasta.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf