Author Topic: E-visa price increase  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: E-visa price increase
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 21:06:07 PM »
Wars to pay for?

For a family of 4 we have gone from £40 (4 x £10) to $140 in a few years. Nobody minded paying a tenner each really but this is yet another cost to consider.

Flight prices are up, restaurant/bar prices noticeably up (understandably when you realise how much things like electricity have gone up), visa prices up.

Then I think of a bar in Portugal where a good beer was €1, fabulous red & white wine €1 and I wonder where the bargain holidays might be in 2020.

I know we say it nearly every year, but I do think 2020 is going to be a tough year for Turkey - and remember, with the activity over in the South East, we are just one terrorist bomb away from complete disaster for tourism (again).

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 22:36:59 PM »
Just back from Portugal Keith. Flights cost us £130 each including 23kg and seats.

Transfers are more costly. Private around £100 - Hoppa or similar about £45 for two return.

Beer on average £2 a pint. Or 24 33cl bottles for less than £9.

Wine unbelievably cheap. £1.50 gets a really decent bottle.

Food not as cheap but £17 for a very nice fillet steak. However some deals offer three courses plus couvert, half a litre of sangria plus coffee for about £12.

No mozzies in October either  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 22:49:33 PM »
Olu Air Games fly past cancelled too. I guess they are needed elsewhere.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 23:07:57 PM »
Come on now, I can't say I've had any problem with Mozzies in Calis in Octobers for a few years  :)

The disadvantage Portugal has is that accommodation is so much more expensive but with cheap flights it sort of all averages out. The increase in electricity, transport & manufacturing costs (electricity mainly) will be filtering through out of season and showing in tourist season - there's no way you can make bread/furniture/washing machines at the same price when your electricity has gone up 62% in the last 12 months. You can try and cover for it but it will have to be passed on in the end.

Like I said, 2020 is going to be tough for tourism, and I hope and pray it won't be decimated by a terrorist campaign from those over east. Last year for example I read Facebook posts about the conflict on the Syrian border - people being concerned in Hisaronu because they had told not to leave their complex under any circumstances.

It's not a logical game, tourism. Especially not in Turkey which always seems to be vulnerable to some bad luck, earthquake, refugee crisis in Europe, war in adjacent country (of which Turkey has many), attempted coup...

Then, with all the above, a PKK campaign in the cities and resorts - well, the implications on tourism are beyond the imagination..

Offline davybill

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 07:36:00 AM »
Glad  I live here in Turkey.😎😎😛😛😛😁

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »
The FCO website says it is $20 - just saying, but as the information originated from a reputable source - DOC MARTINS SURGERY FOR EXPATS IN TURKEY this is his actual post.

"The cost of an e-visa for many European passport holders who can stay 90 / 180 days has just risen to $35. Approximately £27,depending on the exchange rate at the time of the visa application.

Some 90 day single entry visas have risen to $50 & 30 day single entry to $20"

I'm asking because I don't know the answer but won't the overwhelming majority of people need a single entry visa at $20?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 11:03:19 AM »
The FCO website says it is $20 - just saying, but as the information originated from a reputable source - DOC MARTINS SURGERY FOR EXPATS IN TURKEY this is his actual post.

"The cost of an e-visa for many European passport holders who can stay 90 / 180 days has just risen to $35. Approximately £27,depending on the exchange rate at the time of the visa application.

Some 90 day single entry visas have risen to $50 & 30 day single entry to $20"

I'm asking because I don't know the answer but won't the overwhelming majority of people need a single entry visa at $20?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

There's no other option than the 90 day visa at present. $35

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2019, 11:04:33 AM »
@Come on now, I can't say I've had any problem with Mozzies in Calis in Octobers for a few years   :)@

To be fair I haven't been in October for a few years. Point taken. Still none in Portugal though ;-)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2019, 09:54:23 AM »
A few on FB arguing that it’s much more expensive for Turks to come to the UK. A totally pointless argument in my opinion as I would imagine it is not even of the slightest interest to those who are deciding on which country to spend their hard earned cash.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf