Author Topic: Hoppa Airport Transfers  (Read 6534 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hoppa Airport Transfers
« on: December 09, 2019, 14:46:15 PM »
As many know already, we had a couple of shocking experiences with Hoppa (who have been great for years but have changed their local supplier at Dalaman now) and we certainly will not be using them again.

We are back from a city break to Krakow, somewhere we've never been so I noticed booking.com who we booked the hotel with offer an airport transfer service. Not sure if it is new or I just haven't noticed it before. I booked with them and it's brilliant! You get a message to confirm your transfer details and times on the morning of your flights, a text telling you the driver is on his way when you have landed, including his name and where he will be. Same going back.

For Dalaman I've learned my lesson with Hoppa and will return to FAT or Pegasus. But for other areas, particularly places we haven't been to before I can't recommend the transfer service from booking .com enough.

Offline johnc

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 10:30:50 AM »
Yes, us too! landed at Dalaman before 8pm on Nov 1. First problem was finding the transfer - that took around 20 minutes. Then we were handed a phone and told that we would have to wait for another flight, due to land at 10pm! If that flight landed on time, realistically we would be lucky to leave before 10.30! Of course we told them that this was not acceptable, and there was actually enough time to take us and be back at Dalaman for the other flight, but, as we were the only passengers! We were then advised to take a Havas coach, about to leave, which we did.  Luckily we only had hand luggage and were dropped off at Gunlukbasi, and a short walk to the villa. After returning to the UK I complained to Hoppa and did get a refund, but..We have been happily using Hoppa for years, but, now need to book for April, and obviously am in two minds about using them again. Any suggestions for an alternative reliable service, apart from a taxi?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hoppa Airport Transfers
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »
Fethiye Airport Transfers every time. Immaculate, professional service.

£60 return.

fethiyeairporttransfers.com

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 10:50:51 AM »
I'll second that. Fethiye Airport Transfers every time for us.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 11:29:05 AM »
I have used Fethiye Airport Transfers many times without a problem and also Pegasus, who helped us in October when we had the big problems with Hoppa.

Hoppa are losing loyal customers right left & centre - there are numerous tales like these. With fewer clients I can only imagine their service will be even worse in 2020, with even longer waits for the next flight.

Offline daveG

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 12:21:53 PM »
Over a period of time we have had two bad experiences. 1/ Rain Transfers did not turn up for our early arrival at DLM 2/ My bank A/C hacked by A2B/Resorthoppa (not sure if related) and so FAT used three times a yr ever since who have given us excellent service and reliability.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 20:42:46 PM »
Hoppa seems to have gone right to pot this season and I believe poss it was Scunner mentioned re the change of local agent, such a shame we’ve used them for years but I too am in two minds whether to book our transfers with them this year, we can’t justify spending on a private transfer due to the too and froing we do through out the year...
In had soo many emails from them of late re their 35% sale so I’m tempted to maybe book our first one of next yr with them and give them one last chance!

Offline johnc

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 20:14:52 PM »
Well, see below for their response to my expressed concerns about using them again.

'As a business, our aim is to provide seamless service and trust that the partners who we work with provide seamless products to complement our aim.
As you can appreciate, issues may arise in any business, sometimes beyond our control especially as an aggregator.
We ask that you afford us one more opportunity to rebuild your confidence in the Hoppa brand as a repeat customer.'

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 23:54:37 PM »
Thanks for posting that John.

They have known for months about these unacceptable waits on later flights and have chosen to do nothing about it - where in that is any reason at all to give them one more opportunity? I'll never spend another minute waiting for Hoppa's transfer company of choice while my holiday is put on hold to suit them. As I mentioned earlier - I fully expect these waits to get longer as their bookings reduce in 2020.

Also, they mention it is difficult for them as an 'aggregator' - this is not my understanding of the term. Trivago or Go Compare are an aggregator - pooling various rates and services for the consumer to choose from.

Oh, and finally -  the Hoppa driver for my daughters' transfer put them on the bus and told them nothing for 45 minutes- wasn't even there for much of that time- while they waited for another flight coming in. Then gave them a bottle of water each. Then tried to charge them an extortionate price for it when they arrived at their destination.

FAT give you a lovely cold bottle of water - not at an over inflated price - it's complimentary, all part of the service.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 07:24:25 AM »
We've been using Hoppa for the past three years (since we had a bad experience with Holiday taxi's) but as many have said, they're certainly not what they used to be. When i arrived at Dalaman in August i walked to their old meeting point to be told they are now near the cafe by the ramp. When i finally found them, a girl was sitting at a small table with no visible sign to who they were. After giving my name i was told i wasn't on their list so she started to check my booking on their website (with my phone & data!) then made a phone call, then spoke to two men standing around smoking until finally she said "this is your driver" This all took about 30minutes. Very unprofessional and certainly not what I was used to from my past experience from them.
Despite the shambles their driver was very nice, stopped for a lolly ice and water for me (no charge) so maybe he should move on to a different company.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf