Author Topic: Long term rental/residency etc  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Steve A

Long term rental/residency etc
« on: July 19, 2020, 13:51:39 PM »
A family member is looking at either renting for a year if that’s possible or renting for 3 months within current visa restrictions.
So the questions are ;
Can you rent for a year and stay?
If you want to stay a year what sort of residency permit do you need,how do you get this and what are the costs involved?
What do you do about healthcare ?
I know there will be tent,communal bills and utilities to pay.Are there any additional ongoing costs such as council tax ?

If staying 3 months I suppose it’s easier in that you arrange your rental Accomodation ,get appropriate holiday insurance and stay no longer than 90 days.

All advice greatly appreciated

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
Re: Long term rental/residency etc
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 15:12:58 PM »
If you rent for a year you will need a residence permit/visa. I use Jacob Yilmaz opposite the Mulberry in Fethiye. I did my 2 year residency this week with him.
Costs are fixed by government for application etc. Costs may be different depending if you use someone to do work for you or if you do it yourselve online.
You need 4 photos. Cost may vary by a few lira.
If under 65 you need health insurance. Must be Turkish. Cost depends on cover you want and which company you use.
It will be in tenancy agreement who pays council tax and if on a sitesi who pays maintenance. Cost of internet etc will be paid by tenant.
You need rental agreement from landlord to get residency agreement.
In some cases you are asked you income to prove you have enough so you do not need to work here.
Hope the above goes someway to helping.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 17:46:57 PM »
Inspector on here, based in calis,has always dealt with ours. He did it all! Just got picked up by him and his wife taken to everywhere, all done. There's a few of us on here that use him, can't fault him😁

Also try Cenk on here for a rental, he's got interturk estates.Both are 100% reliable.

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 22:04:53 PM »
We will use Insector when we move over there in the very near future   :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »
I appreciate the limited replies and advice as to who people use to arrange things but we aren’t at that stage yet,these are the questions Iam trying to get answered Iam sure the knowledge is out there ;
Can you rent for a year and stay?
If you want to stay a year what sort of residency permit do you need,how do you get this and what are the costs involved?
What do you do about healthcare ?
I know there will be tent,communal bills and utilities to pay.Are there any additional ongoing costs such as council tax ?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 10:15:44 AM »
I believe that you can get a resident's visa for as little as 3 months, which seems pointless when you can use a visitor's visa for 90 days. More usually, people take them out for 1 or 2 years

Here's a copy of an email that I sent to friends around a year ago, which should give you an idea. It was sent to people who were UK state pensioners, so they didn't need health insurance, but that would be an additional charge, if you're under that age

Before you go to Mustafa, please make sure that you each have 4 x passport photos & a printed copy of your e-visas + a notorised translation of each of your passports.

Here's an outline of costs:

Mustafa: 150 TL / per hour - allow a couple of hours, as he has to make 2 x application for the DGMM & check 2 x lots of paperwork

Photos: 2 x 30 TL

Tax: 2 x approx 560 TL (that was for 1 year so possibly close to double for the max 2 years)

Passport translations: Last time I was there with anyone for this is was 200 TL a pop, but that was a number of years ago, so probably 300 + now

Tapu certificate : 11.50 TL - not sure if 1 will suffice for the both of you or whether you need 1 each. This was for a home owner, so not sure how it works with a tenant

Hope that helps a little

Offline Steve A

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 10:51:09 AM »
Thanks Liz101 that’s exactly what I was looking for

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 10:57:48 AM »
Anyone know what over 65s do about healthcare ?

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 14:08:46 PM »
Over 65's do not need healthcare for visa.
 If you had insurance before you were 65 some companies will keep you on. Hard, and expensive, to get private healthcare if you are over 65.
 SGK may be possible but will not cover pre-existing conditions. I think it is around 700 tl/month.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 15:15:58 PM »
Over 65's do not need healthcare for visa.
 If you had insurance before you were 65 some companies will keep you on. Hard, and expensive, to get private healthcare if you are over 65.
 SGK may be possible but will not cover pre-existing conditions. I think it is around 700 tl/month.
So what would happen if you were over 65 with no cover and had an accident or took ill ,pay privately ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf