Author Topic: Turkcell Sim Card  (Read 3191 times)

Offline june

Turkcell Sim Card
« on: October 06, 2005, 17:24:52 PM »
When we were over last week I got a Turkcell Sim card and the 100 free units and they sorted my phone so that it would accept the sim card which is fine.

I know how many units it takes for a text and a phone call to the UK and in Turkey, but does anyone know how much the cost is if someone from the UK:-

Rings from a landline in the UK to my Turkcell number.
Texts me from a UK mobile to my Turkcell number.

I just don't want it to cost a fortune if one of my sons need to get hold of me whilst we are Calis.

Thanks in anticipation.

June :)

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 18:15:50 PM »
My husband rings his family in Turkey all the time.  The lowest price we have managed to get is with Bestminutes - 1p to landlines and 4p to mobiles.
You need to be on BT Option 1.
You dial 0844 861 4848 followed by your Turkish landline number (including 0090)or 0844 428 3232 followed by your Tuskish mobile number (again including 0090)

Hope this info helps

Offline june

Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 09:40:09 AM »
Thanks very much for that Janet.

LOL
June

Offline june

Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 14:06:38 PM »
Hi Janet,
Just to say many thanks again for letting me know about best minutes, I have printed out the complete list of rates and they are incredibly cheap, I phone my sister in Australia regular and I thought 4p a minute was cheap but best minutes 1p!! amazing and 4p to Turkish mobile brilliant.

Thanks for taking the time.

Best wishes

June

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 16:15:56 PM »
Hi June
Glad to be of help - I don't know how they do it so cheap but we're not complaining

Regards  Janet

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 17:44:04 PM »
Great prices BUT I just went to their website & now the cost of landline & mobile are the same at 4p a minute - same connection number 3232 for both now as Janet gave just for mobile.
Maybe there is a way around this by continuing to dial the old number or maybe they have put their prices up in the last few hours??

Will use this afternoon & evening for phoning USA & Australia. I thought we had great prices too at 2.5p-3p USA & 3-4p Australia from onetel (they keep changing their rates too). Those prices will save us a couple of quid a week keeping in touch with family & friends. (They do like to talk especially when we tell them it costs us so little to phone them - think we'll have to keep the lower rate to ourselves this time!)

Janet - thanks from us for sharing those.

For those on broadband - skype is also very very cheap. We'll have to have skype when we eventually get out to Calis otherwise it'll cost us a fortune keeping in touch. (Unless someone there knows differently?)

Linda & Carl

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 19:06:18 PM »
Skype is the way forward. Calls very cheap and free to other Skype users

www.skype.com

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 00:01:58 AM »
Janet
We tried bestminutes for ages & ages this afternoon & tonight but just got the engaged signal. Do you normally have problems getting a line out? In the end we gave up & used Onetel.
Linda

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 04:04:26 AM »
Linda
No,we've never had problems and usually get through ok.  All I can suggest is to keep trying.

Janet

Offline heyjo

Turkcell Sim Card
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 20:17:27 PM »
Just out of curiosity we had a mobile phone provided for us at the villa we stayed at this year. We never used it as it was really only provided for  emergency use than normal phone calls or texts to home (UK)  My  question is that we do not know how many units you would use per minute or texting someone in the UK on their mobile using Turkcell.So can you please explain the actual costs per unit per minute to a UK mobile phone?...Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf