Author Topic: mobile phones  (Read 10343 times)

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
mobile phones
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 11:15:08 AM »

Can they just deduct 5YTL from your credits?

Offline markaren

mobile phones
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2005, 11:30:41 AM »
Does this apply to all sim cards on other networks. We have an Avea sim card, we only purchased it in October so I hope its not going to be usless when we get back in May. Does anyone know if it can be unblocked next year??

I have been searching the web and cannot find any info about it, even on Turkcell website and Avea or maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Karen & Mark

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
mobile phones
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 13:09:57 PM »
reading the info it appears that the sim cards are ok it is just the phones.  will have to wait and see. no messages received as yet on either the english handset or the Turkish one.

Offline haluk

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 13:31:29 PM »
It has nothing to do with which Turkish sim card you have. Its the actual phone itself. everything is very grey at the moment but from what I heard you can activate the phone after the cut off date for 5 lira or for free if you show the original receipt (Turkish not UK receipt).
Not sure how pay as you go works as I dont have one but I guess they will just take off 5 liras worth of credits from your account.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
mobile phones
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 16:12:16 PM »
as i undeertand it,as have been in a few phone shops today in fethiye, you will have to register the phone with the turkish phone company turk telecom, you will not get it deducted of your sim cards as they are differnt companys, you will have to go in with your phone before the 13th to the telecom office and pay them 5ytl after that all phones that are not registered will not work here with a turkish sim card...unfotunatley nobody seems to have told the turk telecom office in fehiye how to go about this, am having another t.i.t. moment..this is turkey!!

Offline haluk

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 17:02:12 PM »
I have been told by Turkcell that they will deduct the amount from your phone. Its just a case of waiting gor the SMS. I cant see 20 million plus people getting their phones processed and registered at the TT office in a window of a few weeks, can you?

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
mobile phones
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 17:18:17 PM »
i was in a few turkcell shops today and they say its turkish telecom you pay, this is understandable as its the phones imei no they are working on not the avea,turkcell etc sim cards and as its only phones that have -not- been registered ie. british bought phones with turkish sim cards. that there is a problem with so i hardly think it will come to millions of people. it was also on the turkish news last night and my mrs translated for me. i just hope they get round to telling thier staff at turk telecom how to register the phones before i get cut off!!

Offline haluk

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 17:37:10 PM »
Like I said, 40% of all phones have been brought from outside Turkey. As almost everyone has a phone and even the eskici's have them. so lets say out of the population of 70 million, around 50 have mobile phones, that still leaves 20 million phones that have been bought "under the counter". Also the person that informed me at Turkcell is very high up in the company, said that TT wont be able to handle all the registration so all the networks are doing their bit for their customers.
It will be interesting considering no other country in the world has tried this before.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 17:38:59 PM by haluk »

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
mobile phones
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2005, 00:54:14 AM »
it sure will and considering the number of fliipin handsets weve given away over the years to turkish people. I think its a liberty!

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
mobile phones
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 06:53:18 AM »
is that what the queue is!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf