Author Topic: Best days to bank !  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Best days to bank !
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:49:19 AM »
I am another "10 to 9" type - it is empty if you arrive as they open and so much less frantic.

Mind you, anyone that uses Garanti Bank wants their heads read, they must go on training courses to learn how to create massive queues and long waits.

Funnily enough, on the last two mondays I have had to go to the bank during the day, and both times it has been like a ghost bank, should such a thing exist.

Scunner

Offline Neisha

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 14:58:42 PM »
I went early one friday -and it was empty :o. Walked straight to the counter and paid in money - brilliant. Been other times and been hoooooooours!!Just seems to be pot luck

Offline Fethiye

Best days to bank !
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 21:01:29 PM »
I closed my account at Garanti because of the queues. I bank with Finans now - much easier, personal service and Aysha is great!

Of course you can always use the on-line banking if you just want to t/f money between accounts and save q's. Garantis website is good and is in English if I remeber?

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Best days to bank !
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 13:01:53 PM »
I have asked about online banking and transfering money between bank accounts and apparently, you can transfer from Turkey to the UK online but not the other way around.  I am going to set up the online banking when we go in april, but reading another link somewhere on this site, HSBC are opening which will be great.  you should be able to transfer money from UK to turkey without any trouble. (maybe?)
Elsa

Offline Andrew H

Best days to bank !
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 18:03:52 PM »
That reminds me we bank with Finans and they keep saying you can bank on line has anybody actually achieved that because i cant be interested to know how you do it.

Offline Fethiye

Best days to bank !
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 10:14:01 AM »
Andrew, You need to see Aysa and ask her to set you up online. Once the request has been made you will be called by an English speaking bank rep from Istanbul who will run through various security questions and then give you the log on details. You will need to learn some Turkish to use the site though as it isn't in English. I found it easy but others may not. Again Aysa will train you how to use the on-line banking if you ask her.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf