Author Topic: HSBC coming soon  (Read 4200 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
HSBC coming soon
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 21:23:16 PM »
We got a nationwide card soley for use in Turkey and got a better rate of exchange when we used it as well as no charges, I was well impressed.

Offline davidzz

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 21:38:30 PM »
We also use the nationwide card and plan to give it some use when we are over in April to buy furnishings!

Offline lizw

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 08:06:17 AM »
Hi everyone - I have a Nationwide Flexaccount account with a card which says Debit Card and Visa on it,to use here - but not sure what ATMs I can withdrawal from - can anyone tell me please!! I just want to take money from the account and not use the visa bit. Thanks

Offline pauline

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 13:09:58 PM »
Hi all,
HSBC still charge for taking money out overseas and would still charge to transfer funds to a local account as far as I am aware. I had an account in BC and they were excellent with moving the account etc.but still charged for transfers.  I was thinking they might run Lira accounts there.  However, judging from the comments on Nationwide I think I might look into that too.

Pauline

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
HSBC coming soon
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 20:17:45 PM »
i use nationwide too and find them excellent, i cant see any benifit from using  hsbc from any other bank here, garentee  bank etc. i asked in london acouple of years ago, as mentioned here, if i opened an account with them  in the uk would i have to pay transfer charges, the answer was yes. so there is no carrot for me. i stand to be corrected though!!

Offline crossie

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 20:41:35 PM »
I am a long standing customer of HSBC in the UK,allthough not London,
HSBC overseas dept opened an account for us in Turkey, it took about six weeks, but no big deal, we have a stirling account and a TL account, the only slight downside to it is that they will not allow internet access to your account,until you have visited the branch,and been given a password and pin.

Offline BUBSMUM

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 20:48:57 PM »
Interesting comments re: Nationwide.  I was referring to a DEBIT CARD and not a CREDIT CARD.  I have the Leaflet here and shall have a little read of it again.  All the banks make a 2.75% charge on cash transactions on debit cards except NATIONWIDE.  This is an incentive to open a current account with them but the stipulation was that you paid in £1,000 per month.  But it doesn't mean that you can't pay it in and then take £999 out the next day!!!!!  I look forward to having a chat with HSBC when it comes to Fethiye

Offline Linda

HSBC coming soon
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 08:25:30 AM »
Those interested in banking with HSBC might want to take a look at some of the information contained within this website:

http://www.offshore.hsbc.com/1/2/international/home

Linda  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf